I was young once

/ I was young once #31  
My picture was taken about 70 years ago. In 70 years virtually 0% of digital photos will still exist.
It's gonna be information overload. All the pix prior to 1980 my dad took, he developed himself...and all that fit in a few big photo albums and/or tucked away in a cabinet. I got probably 10 times that on my google photo account.

/ I was young once #32  
Image159.jpg

Mom in 1940s? RIP

Last edited:
   / I was young once #34  
I remember the tiny slippery sheets of toilet paper they supplied in public toilets and schools. They were in a little chrome box that only let one sheet out at a time. Disgusting stuff it was. Thank heaven for Quilton etc nowadays.

/ I was young once #36  
Then back in the '60's when my young son liked to sleep on that shelf over the rear engine of my VW bug!

Also was not comforting knowing you had 20 gals of gas just over your legs and sometimes with a gas fired heater just over that gas tank.

I think the worst accident that I ever saw was when a VW bug slammed into the rear end of a 'tilt and load' on the highway.
You could smell burning flesh for miles B4 and after that wreck.
An odor you can not ever forget.

Last edited:
   / I was young once #38  
my sister had one of those subaru brats with the bed mounted seats......cant figure why they went off the market.... btw...this is not hers

Subaru_Brat_(15022049405).jpg

/ I was young once
A friend of mine who was a Geologist had a Porsche 911 which of course had no back seat. They put their infant on the rear "shelf" and got into an accident. Unfortunately, the child did not survive.