I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble..

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #31  
I think some of you have seriously NOT had the Death Wobble experience.

It's called Death Wobble for a reason.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #32  
Good example are the valve rockers. Outfit south of Toledo heat treats all of them and makes them workable. Why they have issues with the valve trains on their gas motors. Junk.
The 4.0L I6 used in Jeeps until '07 is, if not #1, at least in the top three, most reliable gas engine used. I've only saw two have major issues. 1st was a head gasket because it was ran without coolant. 2nd was a broken rod, engine in the stutter box for at least 90 seconds.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #33  
A bit off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon: I was driving my '70 Nova, turned off the main highway onto an exit that had an immediate sharp turn. The turn happened to have a fairly long stretch of washboard ridges on it, and I was driving at a pretty good clip...the front end started bouncing so badly that I was clear off the road and nearly in the ditch when I finally got the car under control.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #34  
A bit off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon: I was driving my '70 Nova, turned off the main highway onto an exit that had an immediate sharp turn. The turn happened to have a fairly long stretch of washboard ridges on it, and I was driving at a pretty good clip...the front end started bouncing so badly that I was clear off the road and nearly in the ditch when I finally got the car under control.
Bad shocks.........

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #35  
The 4.0L I6 used in Jeeps until '07 is, if not #1, at least in the top three, most reliable gas engine used. I've only saw two have major issues. 1st was a head gasket because it was ran without coolant. 2nd was a broken rod, engine in the stutter box for at least 90 seconds.
The slant 6 and 318-derived engines were right up there too. Couldn't kill 'em.
Dunno about their more modern engines. I've read bad things about their 3.7/4.7 engines, but I have one of each, both approaching 200k and no issues other than the soft exhaust manifold bolts (4.7 only).

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #36  
I think some of you have seriously NOT had the Death Wobble experience.

It's called Death Wobble for a reason.
I experience it once in an f250 regular cab diesel. Highway department was adding a second lane on a merge lane from one interstate to another. Hit some bumps and I thought the front end was coming apart.

Think my bottom sucked up half the drivers seat.

Steering wheel was slamming back and forth. And the front end felt like it was hopping. Let off the throttle and road it out going around that corning. Front end settled down at around 35mph and then I was able to speed back up to highway speeds.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #37  
The 4.0L I6 used in Jeeps until '07 is, if not #1, at least in the top three, most reliable gas engine used.
^This.

When I heard that Jeep was going to a V6 in 2007 I made sure to get a 2006 Rubicon which I still have. Been driving Jeeps with that I-6 for almost 30 years now and never had any engine problems with any of them.

Jeep is going back to the I-6...already available in the new Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer and I'm sure will be in the Wrangler before too long. But the new I-6 will be only 3 litres and have two turbos, so we'll just have to wait and see how dependable it turns out to be.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #38  
I never had it on my 2002 F250.

My old 2006 F350 developed the DW well after warranty expired. A local Shop replaced tie rod ends and a few other steering components to fix it. There was a short bridge just a couple miles away I crossed to and from work that would always trigger it, once it was repaired, it never did it again.

Just a week ago we were coming back from Jeeping so we had the TJ on the trailer of our 2019 F350. We hit some really bad pot holes on Hwy 82 going east and it started the DW the worse I have ever experienced! I had to slow down to about 25mph before it stopped. Truck only has 35K miles on it. It will be going to the Dealer next week. I already have a Tech bulletin on the steering stabilizer but that is never the fix, only a bandaid. Hopefully they will find the real issue without hassle.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #39  
I experience it once in an f250 regular cab diesel. Highway department was adding a second lane on a merge lane from one interstate to another. Hit some bumps and I thought the front end was coming apart.

Think my bottom sucked up half the drivers seat.

Steering wheel was slamming back and forth. And the front end felt like it was hopping. Let off the throttle and road it out going around that corning. Front end settled down at around 35mph and then I was able to speed back up to highway speeds.
I've saw other vehicles experience it. Front tires are jumping completely off the pavement!!!

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #40  
I've saw other vehicles experience it. Front tires are jumping completely off the pavement!!!
That's what it felt like. I was in a turn at around 60mph at the time, too. Scared the daylights out of me. Thankfully, I was able to coast it out.