I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble..

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #41  
I think some of you have seriously NOT had the Death Wobble experience.

It's called Death Wobble for a reason.
And it will scared the cr@p out of oncoming traffic. Growing up we called it a shimmy. Lowering the tire pressure helps.

Fun fact, CJ = civilian Jeep. Their military brothers were prefixed by the letter M then a military designation code.

Last edited:
   / I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #42  
Being a military guy, the word jeep is slang for the original military versions called GP vehicles. General Purpose vehicles.

Also, seems like once I read that the military use of the word is like this: jeep.

The civilian use of the word is like this: Jeep.

/ I see that Stellantis is finally settling over the Jeep death wobble.. #43  
Being a military guy, the word jeep is slang for the original military versions called GP vehicles. General Purpose vehicles.

Also, seems like once I read that the military use of the word is like this: jeep.

The civilian use of the word is like this: Jeep.
Seems there is debate over the origins of the word or name Jeep.

Eugene the Jeep is a character in the Popeye comic strip. A mysterious animal with magical or supernatural abilities, he first appeared in the March 16, 1936 strip. The story goes that the little 4x4 scout car ordered by the military had such amazing powers and was nicknamed Jeep after the cartoon character. Willys and Ford fought over the trade name ‘Jeep’ after the war. Willys won.
1675430155520.jpeg

Or there is a possible third origin of JEEP. Just Engine & Essential Parts. 🤣

Last edited: