I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please.

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #31  
Oh in case you missed it I would go with an RK

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #32  
From what I can see, all of the RK branded tractors look to be a good value for the dollar. The method of selling them through their regular stores concerns me a bit. The times I have contacted them has left me a little disappointed. I agree with your last sentence but would expand that to cover all major purchases. Saving a nickel by buying online or at a place not convenient to your home can be frustrating when things break. I'm decades away from my first tractor purchase but still want to have someone to talk with if or when problems arise.
I'm just down the road from you off of I-30 toward Mt. Pleasant. Where is the nearest RK tractor store? There are none list for Texas on the RK website. When I bought my first tractor 3 yrs ago I looked for a major dealer that had good reviews. That was down to New Holland (same dealer sells Massey Ferguson), John Deere and Kubota.

Why are you decades away from your first tractor purchase?

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please.
Yes sir, kinda got that vibe myself when I have called the local stores. Nobody really knows anything and doesn't appear to want to learn either. I really like the RK24 but I've owned a few orphan vehicles and pieces of equipment and really not wanting to go there again. With the events of the past year my usual travel has been curtailed a lot and I still haven't ordered one but unless there is some really deep discounts or something else that would make it an unpassable bargain, it probably won't be an RK.

Why are you decades away from your first tractor purchase?
My first tractor was purchased in the 70s or somewhere close. A long way from there to today. I have managed to make a living working on or around tractors and other heavy equipment. I really don't anticipate problems with a new machine but it is not unheard of for it to happen. That said, I am also at a point in my life to not do anything other than minor repairs. Dealer relationships are important to me. I really do like the looks and specs of the RK tractors but have concerns about their dealer network.

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #35  
My first tractor was purchased in the 70s or somewhere close. A long way from there to today. I have managed to make a living working on or around tractors and other heavy equipment. I really don't anticipate problems with a new machine but it is not unheard of for it to happen. That said, I am also at a point in my life to not do anything other than minor repairs. Dealer relationships are important to me. I really do like the looks and specs of the RK tractors but have concerns about their dealer network.
If you need dealer support, you should absolutely choose another brand.

What other brands are close to you up there around the border?

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #36  

Looking on google maps for your location, there are 2 Yanmar facilities near you on the east side of Dallas.

772 E. State HWY 31 | Kerens, TX 75144

other big priced brands near you

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #37  

So, it does look like you are now talked out of an RK tractor from your subject line.

If you need dealer support, you should absolutely choose another brand.

What other brands are close to you up there around the border?
Kinda what I am thinking. My address shown here is my work site. My home as painful as it is to admit, is in Illinois. The place where have a good record of jailing ex-governors.
Looking on google maps for your location, there are 2 Yanmar facilities near you on the east side of Dallas.

other big priced brands near you
I like the Yanmar brand but my limited experience with the Illinois dealers that I had was unsatisfactory. I They build a good tractor but aren't used to customer service in my opinion.
So, it does look like you are now talked out of an RK tractor from your subject line.
Sad to say that I am. Good equipment but if there are problems and with any brand/type of equipment that is a distinct possibility, the dealer support network fails from what I see. I have a Massey dealer close to home that has been there for years. Most likely my next one will be a Massey GC1725MB. There could be a last minute deal changer from another source but it would be unexpected for sure. I am planning this to be my retirement present to me so I want this to be a deal and tractor I can live with.

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #39  
Kinda what I am thinking. My address shown here is my work site. My home as painful as it is to admit, is in Illinois. The place where have a good record of jailing ex-governors.

I like the Yanmar brand but my limited experience with the Illinois dealers that I had was unsatisfactory. I They build a good tractor but aren't used to customer service in my opinion.

Sad to say that I am. Good equipment but if there are problems and with any brand/type of equipment that is a distinct possibility, the dealer support network fails from what I see. I have a Massey dealer close to home that has been there for years. Most likely my next one will be a Massey GC1725MB. There could be a last minute deal changer from another source but it would be unexpected for sure. I am planning this to be my retirement present to me so I want this to be a deal and tractor I can live with.

You don't have to say where you are in Illinois, but you should look up dealers so you know who is close. Homework: Look up dealers and list here how far away they each are.

Kioti
Kubota
Deere
Massey Ferguson
New Holland (if work master I would just get LS)
LS
TYM
Mahindra
RK (I would just get a TYM)
Bobcat (I would just get a Kioti)
Yanmar

Next step will be to go visit a few, but we can get to that after ;).

Just read you are pretty set on MF, if so good show. Good dealer is important imo.

/ I really want an RK 24, talk me out of it. Please. #40  

I'm at the tip top center of the IL stateline with WI. So, I know about IL for sure. LOL

Mask on in IL, mask off in WI. Businesses are dying very hard in IL due to the mask being on bit. WI businesses are booming so hard on the stateline that they are seeing 3X growth in their economy. The local 93.7FM business report has been keeping record of this for months now comparing the actions in IL and the benefits favoring WI's economy. That 19-cent fuel tax increase was the start of it all back in 2019. Now the mask ordeal has folks jumping the stateline voting with their $$$ in WI.