Buying Advice I pulled the trigger!

/ I pulled the trigger! #41  
Based on what I've read here, the 6000 series Mahindra is off of my list. It was "too much" tractor anyways. The reason is the complaints I've heard about the PRT. There have been several, and that's a deal breaker for me. Best of luck with yours though! Seems like such a beast haha.
Back to 5145 vs 20 series Branson for me.

/ I pulled the trigger! #42  
Nice looking beast! I foresee many Hahahappy days ahead.
Just a word on buying too large of a machine for you tractor shoppers out there - I did it and it took me 15 yrs to admit it and do something about it...All that time it was too big, too loud, too heavy. When it left and I turned and mounted my little MX5200 I was like goldylocks in the just right bed. :love: Phew.
That is a fairy tale, no such thing as too big! lol

/ I pulled the trigger! #43  
Based on what I've read here, the 6000 series Mahindra is off of my list. It was "too much" tractor anyways. The reason is the complaints I've heard about the PRT. There have been several, and that's a deal breaker for me. Best of luck with yours though! Seems like such a beast haha.
Back to 5145 vs 20 series Branson for me.
PRT?

/ I pulled the trigger! #44  
Power Reverse Transmission. There are a few posts on here about it basically not going into gear when you flip the lever. Debate on whether it was the cold and fluid, or clutch packs, so on. But forward and reverse, I've read specifically about the 6065 and 6075 here. Sucks!
Why I'm so happy I joined this forum! Whealth of knowledge.

/ I pulled the trigger! #45  
Power Reverse Transmission. There are a few posts on here about it basically not going into gear when you flip the lever. Debate on whether it was the cold and fluid, or clutch packs, so on. But forward and reverse, I've read specifically about the 6065 and 6075 here. Sucks!
If I crank my Kubota cold and don't let the trans system warm up it will hesitate long enough when you toggle forward/reverse that you'll think it isn't going to move. But it eventually will. So I start the engine, put the trans in neutral, toggle forward/reverse and let it sit and run for a couple minutes to warm everything. Then it works fine.

/ I pulled the trigger! #46  
I've developed another solution to REALLY cold starts - ovrszd. I reevaluate the proposed action - take off my down jacket - stay in the house - another cup of coffee.

Yes - the M6040 will fire right up and move on out when it's really cold ( -15F ) but are there REALLY any projects that are important enough to be outside at those temps. For me - the answer is a resounding - - NO!!

/ I pulled the trigger! #47  
ok I'm with you i can do without the Power shift transmission.

/ I pulled the trigger! #48  
ok I'm with you i can do without the Power shift transmission.
My little JD is HST. My Ford is mechanical shuttle. My Kubota is hydraulic shuttle. Each have their place. If buying a new 50+ hp tractor it would be hydraulic shuttle.

/ I pulled the trigger! #49  
There may be a Mahindra about the same size in our future. Would love to hear your experiences. Not worried about the parts issue since the dealer is 5 miles away and has a super rep... No decision has been as yet but that's the way we are leaning. We plan to keep the Massey and add a larger machine to help us deal with the 200+ acres we have to maintain.
I'd wait until their new "K-Line" is introduced. They may carry a Mitsubishi engine or at least some will.

/ I pulled the trigger! #50  
I will give you my experience as a past Mahindra owner and current John Deere and Kubota owner. I owned the Mahindra for over 12 years and the local dealer had every part and maintenance item I ever needed in stock. I have only owned the Kubota for 1.5 years and the local dealer had had every item I need in stock. On the other hand I have had wait several times for parts for my JD at a larger corporate dealership.

I see a lot of folks refer to Mahindra as a second or third tier tractor and question parts availability. My experience with my Mahindra was positive. The only part I replaced in 12 years that was not caused by me was a fan belt and a couple of batteries.

I would have bought another Mahindra but the models I was interested in had plastic fenders and I prefer metal tractors.
Actually, if you were looking at the mid size Mahindra's like the 16 series, they indeed have metal fenders. They are covered up by plastic coverings so as to have molded in cup holders and light fixture spaces.