I need hydraulic education!

/ I need hydraulic education! #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I have a 3038E new a few years ago and installed front hydraulics for a grapple no problem, I ordered a kit, joystick switch, solenoid, hoses, etc. It had clear instructions.
Now I got a hydraulic top link and spool valve that I got working, but it's not plumbed properly. I used power beyond ports in back.
I'm thinking that can damage the pump.
Cylinder expands fine, jerks retracting. There's pressure on valve T line which should just go to tank. There must be a simple way to do this without going through installing rear SCV I would think. Otherwise any recommendations on a SCV kit I could install, then how would I connect spool valve P & T to it?
Are there hydraulic plumbing schematics available anywhere for this tractor? Since the dipstick and fill port is at back I assume that's where tank is? There are a few lines there, looks like it should be simple enough connection.
Dealer just quoted me $1,500 to install rear 4 port SCV.
Thanks in advance.

/ I need hydraulic education! #2  
I do not understand "I used power beyond ports in back."

Are you talking about ports for a back hoe?

A simple spool valve will not last with pressure on the T port.

Does your spool valve have a power beyond feature as this would be an integral part of the installation.

Dave M7040

/ I need hydraulic education! #3  
Do you have pictures of how its hooked up now?

Most backhoe add-ons to compact tractors use TWO hoses. A pressure and a tank hose. But that tank hose is actually the input for the 3PH. With no power beyond coming out of the backhoe.

They get away with it on these machines because you cannot use the 3PH and backhoe at the same time.

Using those two hoses on a toplink (or remote valve) is okay.....but you have to add a tank line. Use the pressure lin as the input to the valve, and the line that is/was the return for the backhoe has to be the PB hose coming off the new valve....because it feeds the 3PH and IS a high pressure line. You need to add a third line from your new valve returning to tank. You new valve must have the PB cartridge.