I need a new lawn mower!

/ I need a new lawn mower! #91  
Why is Honda not in the game? I see their engines on a lot of powerwashers, generators, etc. Maybe not on lawn mowers and tractors yet but do you have indications they will not step up at some point?
I know they used to make riding lawn tractors for the US market they had quite the interesting line up some seemed innovative imo first front and rear axle steering i saw was on a Honda garden tractor (not Deere) I own 2 old smaller 3813 lawn tractors (ones for parts) I wonder if it's because they still make riding models for there overseas markets? thereby introducing to the small foothold they might have with Honda powered competitors? IDK.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #92  
I have a Cub Cadet XT2 42 with the twin, "cadet engine" brought new in 2020 and I am astounded at how bad the gas efficiency is. Its the first new riding mower I ever bought. Maybe this is a learning curve for me. But, "oh my" this thing uses a lot of gas at the recommended RPM.
I seem to get noticably better fuel economy with belt driven gear drive lawn tractors, than any hydro static I've operated.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #93  
I went from a 42 inch riding mower to a 60 inch zero turn. I really enjoyed mowing with the riding mower. It was relaxing, and comfortable. But when it died, I decided to upgrade to a commercial grade zero turn so I could mow more areas and get it done faster. The zero turn is great at that, but it's not fun, it's not relaxing, and it's not something that I look forward to doing. I mow because I have to, and I'm happy when I'm done mowing.

Last year I got my wife a used 60 inch riding mower. She loves it. She is now mowing a lot of the areas that I've been mowing. It takes her longer to do what I can with the zero turn, but she looks forward to mowing with it, and that means there is less for me to mow with the zero turn.

I've used it a few times to see if it's as enjoyable as I remember it being with my previous riding mower, and it is. But it's a slower pace. The zero turn requires constant attention. The riding mower is slow and easy. After mowing for an hour or more on the zero turn, I'm beat up. An hour on the riding mower, and I'm still up for doing other things. The difference is noticeable!!!!

If I just had an acre to mow, I would focus on making it as smooth and nice as possible, and I would mow it with the most comfortable riding mower that I could afford.
I am exactly the opposite. the rider was uncomfortable, slow and not fun, but I love mowing with the ZT. It's like riding a magic carpet across the lawn. Everyone has different tastes an experiences. At one time I used my little tractor and a 6ft finish mower to do all my yard and field. I take the ZT on hills I was afraid to take the tractor. I need to get some bar tires though, that would make it even better but wonder if it will tear the grass more on turning.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #94  
The biggest disappointment with the Cub Cadet XT2 is lack of locking diff. I get stuck in the silliest of places. I can only use it if the ground is dry.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #95  
I've somewhat mastered shifting my weight while still sitting at low speed to allow more traction for wheel that's spinning. I do wish all lawn tractors had a locking diff though.$$$

/ I need a new lawn mower! #96  
Would never go back to a supposed garden tractor. Worthless junk. I've had a ferris ztr going into 2nd full year. Way better mowing experience than my scut with belly mower. It got the job done, but worse mower and twice the time as the ztr. And my 3 acres isn't smooth.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #97  
Would never go back to a supposed garden tractor. Worthless junk. I've had a ferris ztr going into 2nd full year. Way better mowing experience than my scut with belly mower. It got the job done, but worse mower and twice the time as the ztr. And my 3 acres isn't smooth.
Agree, I've been using a ZTR since 2007 and will never go back to a garden tractor. I have a garden tractor for spraying, rolling etc. but it doesn't mow.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #98  
Filed for ch. 11 a few years back bought by a equity firm. imho quality of there products will suffer cuz of nickel and diming bean counters. Definitely hoping they pull out of it but reading and hearing of similar stories makes me a pessimist. I'll post a few links but trying to avoid a snowdrift effect.

Some models The plastic cam / cam lobes, decomp device is complete garbage.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #99  
Why is Honda not in the game? I see their engines on a lot of powerwashers, generators, etc. Maybe not on lawn mowers and tractors yet but do you have indications they will not step up at some point?

Do you know if Airens is still made in the USA?

Had several Honda cars all Good but the worst rider ever for me was the Honda 4518, it was terrible.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #100  
Seems you hear complaints of plastic parts on components internally, expressed about other manufacturers also.