I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #521  
Good luck. I've already got my $10K rebate (Fed and state)!

If you need a new car it would be foolish not take advantage of money given to you to buy a car.
Just for fun why not peruse all these replies for "likes" which I see none for you. It would be beneficial to you knowing the difference between a tax deduction vs tax credit.
The tax credit you find so laughable (to yourself) reduces your tax liability dollar for dollar while a deduction only slightly reduces one's overall tax bill.
It's humorous to you accepting the credit (i.e., rebate, refund, etc) taking advantage of those not buying an EV and/or higher AGI taxpayers. All tax revenue goes into Federal and state treasuries and EV purchase money (up to $15K total) paid out.
In the end there's no free lunch and it's the working class who picks up the tab one way or the other.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #522  
🍿

Kind of a fun read the past few dozen posts but we're beyond pointless now.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #524  

Kind of a fun read the past few dozen posts but we're beyond pointless now.
Apparently beneficial to the popcorn industry
2024_04_03_12.33.21.jpg

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #525  
Tax deductions or state sales tax exemptions for farmers traditionally given for the last 100 years are different than subsidies.

I’ve never received a subsidy check both in-person for a car that was built by a company that also receives gov. subsidies.

You are bragging about your EV subsidy. Expect pushback.

I just completed my 2023 fed tax return. I was able to deduct $7500 off of my taxes because I bought a new EV that allowed me to lower the amount of taxes I owed.
I didn't receive a subsidy check from the fed gov't and neither did you when you or your CPA deducted expenses that allowed you to lower your taxes owed.
So please, if you are going to argue against taking "guvmint" handouts or help then practice what you preach.
I'm bragging about my EV subsidy more as a way to aggravate those posters who are making unfounded or outlandish claims against EV's.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #526  
Every thing that I have posted is from the net so
its FACTS no fiction! Someone said is that like the
mark of the beast do you mean sabbathtruth.com???
To me an ev is like a case of hemorrhoids at this
point in time and I can do very nicely without one!!!
As far as the grid is concerned it will be many many
years before it would be able to take on everyone
with an ev and IMHO the more ev's sold could over
power the grid then you will have people without power
and this could be in the winter time or the middle of
summer and this would be extremly fatal for seniors
so promoting an ev is not something IMHO is good!

willy

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #527  
I watched an unbiased documentary on the whole battery vehicle society being pushed on citizens of many countries. What really stuck with me, was the section where they discussed that the political mandates were disconnected from the reality of what is currently possible.

They gave an example of the limited world lithium mines currently could only barely meet the new mandate of just Britain’s 80% no tailpipe emissions by 2030. 100% by 2035. All the world’s lithium capacity would have to be consumed by that single smallish country, to meet that deadline, with no other country getting lithium.( of course new mining will get the thumbs up)
Of course politicians don’t care. They simply wave the magic power of the pen

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #528  
So one tax subsidy is for a rich person to be able to buy a " look at me " electric data collection vehicle ......and the other tax break is for the farmer that feeds the country and many times pays taxes twice during the crop process. Not even comparable Trad !!

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #530  
I watched an unbiased documentary on the whole battery vehicle society being pushed on citizens of many countries. What really stuck with me, was the section where they discussed that the political mandates were disconnected from the reality of what is currently possible.

They gave an example of the limited world lithium mines currently could only barely meet the new mandate of just Britain’s 80% no tailpipe emissions by 2030. 100% by 2035. All the world’s lithium capacity would have to be consumed by that single smallish country, to meet that deadline, with no other country getting lithium.( of course new mining will get the thumbs up)
Of course politicians don’t care. They simply wave the magic power of the pen
I'm not so sure we're running out of lithium. Follow the price and that will give you a pretty good idea on where we stand on supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.