I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #451  
If you like the idea of being owned by China, I imagine you like the idea of electric grid reliance, with no fossil fuel energy independence or energy source diversity. Commiting our country to a path of all electrification, reliant on Chinese solar panels (around 90%), to battery cars which China has 77% of the battery market….

I want an EV, they’re so vogue!
Like silly sheep to slaughter

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #452  
Its 2am. There is a loud knock at your door. Do you take the gun? I decided not to. It was police officers looking for someplace else with a warrant and someone I didn't know. They got the addresses all messed up. And were lost. But still as I came out to talk to them, guns were hands on and at the ready. I was and am still pissed off about that. If I had come out with a gun, things could have gone a different way, a very bad way. A mistaken way. I hate the idea of having a gated drive way. But this would have required them to call me first to get past the gate. And its then I could have told them they had the wrong address.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #453  
If you like the idea of being owned by China, I imagine you like the idea of electric grid reliance, with no fossil fuel energy independence or energy source diversity. Commiting our country to a path of all electrification, reliant on Chinese solar panels (around 90%), to battery cars which China has 77% of the battery market….

I want an EV, they’re so vogue!
Like silly sheep to slaughter
I'm starting to think that the whole EV idea sucks when you take into account the impact on the environment, our national economy, and our national security. I can see how China and others that hate the United States would love it.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #454  
Its 2am. There is a loud knock at your door. Do you take the gun? I decided not to. It was police officers looking for someplace else with a warrant and someone I didn't know. They got the addresses all messed up. And were lost. But still as I came out to talk to them, guns were hands on and at the ready. I was and am still pissed off about that. If I had come out with a gun, things could have gone a different way, a very bad way. A mistaken way. I hate the idea of having a gated drive way. But this would have required them to call me first to get past the gate. And its then I could have told them they had the wrong address.
I used to go after high risk warrants in a former life. There's no perfect way to do it and please everyone. Sometimes mistakes are made and feelings get hurt. It's just not a perfect world. I'm just glad there are some guys still willing to do it.

Were they driving an EV?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #455  
I'm starting to think that the whole EV idea sucks when you take into account the impact on the environment, our national economy, and our national security. I can see how China and others that hate the United States would love it.

Been pounding that desk for 2+ years.…

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #456  
I give you just as bad, they knock at 2am several 100+ dogs go nuts and charge the door with bad intentions. Odds say the cops will shoot before the door is opened, because they are scared.
I would take me a few minutes to calm the pack enough to get to the door.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #457  
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #458  
I suppose that the electricity for the ev's are made
with nothing but air???? What makes the juice for ev??
Some more ev info:

willy

Mine is about 70% charged by hydroelectric. If I was on the east coast probably be about the same % in coal.

with citations
Are Electric Cars Worse For The Environment?

How to make 100% waste... Design , build never sell and then???

Probably a great around town work truck. In a bankruptcy why couldn't they auction off these trucks as is where is? People would have bought the EV1's had GM allowed it. instead they crushed almost all of them.

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #460  
I give you just as bad, they knock at 2am several 100+ dogs go nuts and charge the door with bad intentions. Odds say the cops will shoot before the door is opened, because they are scared.
I would take me a few minutes to calm the pack enough to get to the door.
And yes, I had to sequester The Dog. I think think this put the cops more on notice, like, I'd come back with a gun, after seeing a full marked car, and after putting the dog away. We give police impossible situations to figure out. It was a rush when they put hands to gun, as I came out to help them. Its like, "You are on my property, Please stand down." Never got an apology for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.