I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #431  
I'm right with ya, brother. Let's keep those EV's in the very limited roles they fit (and by individual choice) and bring common sense back to our beloved country. After all, it WAS a free country, right???

From the article:
It found that brakes and tires on EVs release 1,850 times more particle pollution compared to modern tailpipes, which have “efficient” exhaust filters, bringing gas-powered vehicles’ emissions to new lows. Because EVs are on average 30% heavier, brakes and tires on the battery-powered cars wear out faster than on standard cars.

So that would mean semi trucks and diesel trucks release more particle pollution than EV's. And what does a modern tailpipe have to do with the discussion?
ICE vehicles still emit particle pollution and probably more than an EV since most EV's use one pedal braking and RARELY use the brakes.

Just another badly written hit piece on EV's

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #432  
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #433  
From the article:

So that would mean semi trucks and diesel trucks release more particle pollution than EV's. And what does a modern tailpipe have to do with the discussion?
ICE vehicles still emit particle pollution and probably more than an EV since most EV's use one pedal braking and RARELY use the brakes.

Just another badly written hit piece on EV's
Not when you compare electric trucks to ICE trucks. Nice try though. I'm just following the science like I did during the covid panic. It just puts me at odds with the political propaganda most of the time. I also have issues with the government dictating what I can and can't spend my hard-earned money on.

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #434  
Do you like to breathe?
Well yes, and the reason I don't live in California. There isn't a single city in Ohio that has the stench of some of your big cities.

My son told me as soon as he got off the airplane in California he couldn't stand the smell and he almost threw up.

Stop believing all the BS about climate change.

Even the former EV and wind and solar brainwashed are starting to realize that they are not the panacea of green, and maybe they should slow their roll.

But there will always be those last few who refused to even listen to reality and just believe the narrative they're told to.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #436  
Well yes, and the reason I don't live in California. There isn't a single city in Ohio that has the stench of some of your big cities.

My son told me as soon as he got off the airplane in California he couldn't stand the smell and he almost threw up.

Stop believing all the BS about climate change.

Even the former EV and wind and solar brainwashed are starting to realize that they are not the panacea of green, and maybe they should slow their roll.

But there will always be those last few who refused to even listen to reality and just believe the narrative they're told to.
Did you hear that??? It sounded like a microphone hitting the floor...

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #437  
Not when you compare electric trucks to ICE trucks. Nice try though. I'm just following the science like I did during the covid panic. It just puts me at odds with the political propaganda most of the time. I also have issues with the government dictating what I can and can't spend my hard-earned money on.
You didn't get the memo that one pedal driving reduces the use of brakes significantly. So what you got now chief?

I assure you that my F250 diesel is heavier than my Y and using bigger brakes more often.

And I didn't buy into the scam-demic either and followed logic and true science.

I didn't know the government is dictation that you have to buy an EV? But using a strawman argument to prove a point won't work. Nice try though.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #438  
The extra weight is another negative factor in EV consideration. They should all be paying a hefty tax on weight. Texas added a moderate weight tax on EV's.

Some really hate it, of course. :) https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...ther-states-roadblocks-ev-transition-00110125
You mean the EV penalty fee? I wrote my Texas state representative in vain saying that I wasn't against a fair road tax but an arbitrary $200/year was unfair. It should be based on mileage driven in a year and can be assessed when registration is due.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #439  
I didn't know the government is dictation that you have to buy an EV? But using a strawman argument to prove a point won't work. Nice try though.
^^^^^ This is the real strawman argument. ^^^^^^

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #440  
You didn't get the memo that one pedal driving reduces the use of brakes significantly. So what you got now chief?

I assure you that my F250 diesel is heavier than my Y and using bigger brakes more often.

And I didn't buy into the scam-demic either and followed logic and true science.

Oh, I forgot how the brakes component is 98% of the emissions argument and how the F250 and the Y are practically the same vehicle if you ignore the method of propulsion. I stand corrected. As for the "dictation":

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-*****-electric-vehicle-mandate-gas-powered-cars-2032-epa-c2a72414

Status
Not open for further replies.