I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #441  
You mean the EV penalty fee? I wrote my Texas state representative in vain saying that I wasn't against a fair road tax but an arbitrary $200/year was unfair. It should be based on mileage driven in a year and can be assessed when registration is due.
You really do want the goverment to monitor you more. I am sure you didn't actually listen to any of the House floor debate on that bill or you would know better.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #442  
You mean the EV penalty fee? I wrote my Texas state representative in vain saying that I wasn't against a fair road tax but an arbitrary $200/year was unfair. It should be based on mileage driven in a year and can be assessed when registration is due.
The penalty I would ike to see is a very hefty tax on EV's with the revenue dedicated to property tax reductions for homeowners.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #444  
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #446  
Amazing how we still compare the vehicle emissions outputs between ICE & EV, but never seem to discuss much about lithium & cobalt mining and the destruction to the environment that causes, the need and the cost to upgrade our electric grid by trillions of dollars of printed money, and the recycling issues of batteries, motors, and other EV trash.

Oh, and don’t get me started on the reliance on china.

Just the upgrades to the grid should be enough to knock all the EV supporters down a few pegs.

Folks, We don’t have trillions for a new electrical grid! We have a war to fund and lots of po’ folks on the dole!

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #447  
Amazing how we still compare the vehicle emissions outputs between ICE & EV, but never seem to discuss much about lithium & cobalt mining and the destruction that causes, the need and of course the cost to upgrade our electric grid by trillions of dollars of printed money, and the recycling issues of batteries, motors, and other EV trash.

Just the upgrades to the grid should be enough to knock all the EV supporters down a few pegs.

We don’t have trillions for a new electrical grid!
...but the Tesla Y uses the brakes less than the Ford F250 diesel...

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #448  
The penalty I would ike to see is a very hefty tax on EV's with the revenue dedicated to property tax reductions for homeowners.
Of course you would. But thanks for your taxes to help pay for my EV! 😆

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #450  
Status
Not open for further replies.