I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #351  
It’s always one or the other with you. No option for middle ground and no having a real conversation.

It’s almost like dealing with a 10 year old repeating what his dad says. You don’t like x well that means you must love y. That’s not how math or minds work.
Our entire machine code fed into computers is binary...one's an zeros.

Why is breaking down something to a binary level bad? Why are grey area's good?

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #352  
Forgot to ask you, "Mr Everything is Fine",
Is accruing a trillion in debt every 100 days fine with you?
It's not with me

Any idea what that means for national security?

At this point the debt is mind boggling to the point of absurdity. No way to pay it back and nothing we can do about it.
This country has been at a point of no return to morality and money sense.
Voting evidently doesn't work when the powers that be can appoint whoever they want.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #354  
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #355  
Well obviously because it shows they are laying off tenured employees to hire cheaper labor.

No - what it shows is that they are closing an older, smaller plant - which is inefficient - in a place where they apparently don’t need the additional capacity of that particular plant at this time … as was outlined in the Des Moines Register article that I linked in the previous post.

The laid off employees will be given the opportunity to apply to work at other Tyson facilities that remain open:

Tyson said it will encourage workers there to apply for other positions within the company as it still employs 9,000 people in Iowa, and it has pork facilities in Waterloo, Storm Lake and Columbus Junction.

Tyson Foods closing Iowa pork plant as company moves forward with series of 2024 closures

Nothing wrong with it IF they are legal.

Glad you agree …

Not that we’re really doing much checking of legal status lately.

As an employer, it is incumbent on Tyson to comply with various laws which serve to verify a potential employee’s legal status and eligibility with regard to whether they are permitted to legally work in the US.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #356  
As an employer, it is incumbent on Tyson to comply with various laws which serve to verify a potential employee’s legal status and eligibility with regard to whether they are permitted to legally work in the US.

Wink Wink....;);)

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #357  
No - what it shows is that they are closing an older, smaller plant - which is inefficient - in a place where they apparently don’t need the additional capacity of that particular plant at this time … as was outlined in the Des Moines Register article that I linked in the previous post.

The laid off employees will be given the opportunity to apply to work at other Tyson facilities that remain open:

Tyson Foods closing Iowa pork plant as company moves forward with series of 2024 closures

Glad you agree …

Here's the kicker... It sounds like many of the employees who are going to be sacked, are/were Immigrants themselves who have been working for Tyson a long while. So they're being replaced by "Newcomer" illegal immigrants willing to work for less.

:ROFLMAO:

With unchecked illegal migration...it's always a race to the bottom.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #358  
At this point the debt is mind boggling to the point of absurdity. No way to pay it back and nothing we can do about it.
Voting evidently doesn't work when the powers that be can appoint whoever they want.
Seriously? What do you do when your hot water heating is leaking, walk away or shut off the main?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #359  
Seriously? What do you do when your hot water heating is leaking, walk away or shut off the main?

The US never pays down the debt. They just roll it over into newly issued bonds. This works when the interest rates are kept artifically low.

Now, however, interest rates are high and the fed is rolling over long and short term bonds at this higher rate. We put off the bill collector for a long time, but in 2024, he's coming for his higher interest on all that debt.

The economy was suppose to be in a recession by now and the fed would naturally lower interest rates. However, congress and the WH just kept spending. The government portion of the GDP is keeping this party going. It's put the Fed in a bind and they have little choice but to incur a larger debt service then they wanted.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #360  

I disagree. We have to do something about it. We have to stop it from getting worse and try to reverse it.

That’s true.

Status
Not open for further replies.