I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #371  
Seems the tax authorities have discovered electric vehicles. This article states that a trend is developing to add more taxes to EV owners. I was wondering when the movement would start to collect such fees in order to:
- build more charging stations,
- recoup the incentive provided to buy the EV in the first place.

As I contemplate an EV in California, I am mindful of "income based pricing." The more you earn, the higher rate you pay for electricity-- subsidizing the lower wage earners. So my neighbor could drive the same vehicle almost for free while I pay through the nose-- thanks! :D

The statistics presented are entirely misleading. $85/mo for a high wage earner? Surely that is only a base rate with usage fees added on top?

We pay +/- $300/mo for a CA property that is occupied less than half the time. We have LED lights and other energy saving measures but the monthly bill is still high in comparison. And that is before we contemplate owning an EV that needs to be charged.

From the article:
  • Above $180,000: $85/month
  • $69,000 - $180,000: $51/month
  • $28,000 - $69,000: $20/month
  • Less than $28,000: $15/month

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #372  
My grandfather said things were better when he was young.
My father said things were better when he was young.
I believe things were better when I was young.

So, on one hand, maybe it is a rite of passage.

But the difference is-- today we have a $34T debt. My dad and grandfather did not.

I don’t think the average ice cream cone licking dolt realizes or really even cares what 34 trillion does to inflation OR national security

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #373  
You have no say in the leadership in this country who continue to overspend?
Given the last presidential election that was obviously and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was rigged, no I don't have a say in the leadership in this country. The Supreme Court and Congress was OK with the rigged system.

The only way this country can be put on the path to morality and responsibility is to have a president willing to uphold the Constitution and according to the morals of the Bible, to bring to trial all those politicians and judges that are committing treason.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #374  
I don’t think the average ice cream cone licking dolt realizes or really even cares what 34 trillion does to inflation OR national security
I think the word "trillion" is so large as to be difficult to grasp. It just become a word describing a number so large that most people, myself included, can't grasp.

trillion-dollars-in-stacks.jpg

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #375  
They are still pushing the EV mandate upon us. 2 headlines caught my eye this AM.
1. Heavy EVs blamed for huge spike in potholes

Californians Paying 140% More For Electricity than Other States​

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #376  
...it's always a race to the bottom.

The long arc of giving PRC favored nation status is close to completion....

Re. the thread topic..... we are now handing over the last remaining Can/USA manufacturing sector.

A select few got rich doing this.... all I know is it wasn't me.

Rgds, D.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #377  
Seems the tax authorities have discovered electric vehicles. This article states that a trend is developing to add more taxes to EV owners. I was wondering when the movement would start to collect such fees in order to:
- build more charging stations,
- recoup the incentive provided to buy the EV in the first place.

As I contemplate an EV in California, I am mindful of "income based pricing." The more you earn, the higher rate you pay for electricity-- subsidizing the lower wage earners. So my neighbor could drive the same vehicle almost for free while I pay through the nose-- thanks! :D

The statistics presented are entirely misleading. $85/mo for a high wage earner? Surely that is only a base rate with usage fees added on top?

We pay +/- $300/mo for a CA property that is occupied less than half the time. We have LED lights and other energy saving measures but the monthly bill is still high in comparison. And that is before we contemplate owning an EV that needs to be charged.

From the article:
  • Above $180,000: $85/month
  • $69,000 - $180,000: $51/month
  • $28,000 - $69,000: $20/month
  • Less than $28,000: $15/month
Do you have a problem with this, Komrad ? You might need a re-education camp excursion. :cool:

When people were crowing about how cheap EVs were to drive, my response was - Just Wait. Even most govts aren't stupid enough to totally destroy THE major tangible product (oil) tax revenue stream, before ramping the next one that people can't move and survive w/o.

Rgds, D.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #378  
Tyson will have a lot of closed retail stores keeping their closed plant workers company in the unemployment line.

• At least 20 major retailers have said they're closing US stores in 2023, amounting to 2,847 locations.
  • Rite Aid is the latest chain planning to close stores, joining a list that includes Amazon and Walmart.
  • Bed Bath & Beyond closed 896 locations amid bankruptcy — the most of any retailer on the list.
Insider Today

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #379  
The Dollar Tree store is closing 1000 locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.