I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #11  
Nice article but light on real content and facts and stats. I'm not an electric car advocate anyway as I don't believe the battery powered solution to be "better". We need a better power generator inside the vehicle for the electric powered portion to drive it. Something like hydrogen. Something like the old "George Jetson Pill" that he dropped into the tank. Batteries isn't it. It's bad for the environment. Where's the nickel come from ? Mines in South Africa handled by children under armed guards forcing labor. Yeah. That's a good idea.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #12  
I see some railroad engines are now hydrogen hybrid powered. Not a lot, but some. Nice thing about that is they can carry pressurized hydrogen easily. Personally, I believe hydrogen, not battery power is the way to go and I believe the auto manufacturers are in for a big financial surprise as in bankruptcy, unless of course the government bales them out....again.

The issue with hydrogen is containment and fuel transfer.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #13  
I see some railroad engines are now hydrogen hybrid powered. Not a lot, but some. Nice thing about that is they can carry pressurized hydrogen easily. Personally, I believe hydrogen, not battery power is the way to go and I believe the auto manufacturers are in for a big financial surprise as in bankruptcy, unless of course the government bales them out....again.

The issue with hydrogen is containment and fuel transfer.
That's a pretty bold statement. Which auto manufacturers do you believe are going to go bankrupt and when?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #15  
I would guess 1000 or more car companies went bankrupt, were purchased, merged etc. during the 20th century. I looked at a Wiki list a few weeks ago but there were too many to count. That said, I think Ford is going to be OK and that's really the only one I care about right now.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #16  

Also from the article since it has a paywall...

Automakers are trying to see if the ban to internal combustion engines in CA starting in 2035 is feasible. Toyota predicts it would take California installing 400 chargers per day by 2035 to get CA off the internal combustion engine. This is both public and private. They do not believe CA has the grid capacity or the charger capacity to have this mandate met.

Toyota just called Newsom's bluff...

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #17  
Also from the article since it has a paywall...

Automakers are trying to see if the ban to internal combustion engines in CA starting in 2035 is feasible. Toyota predicts it would take California installing 400 chargers per day by 2035 to get CA off the internal combustion engine. This is both public and private. They do not believe CA has the grid capacity or the charger capacity to have this mandate met.

Toyota just called Newsom's bluff...
To be clear, internal combustion engines will not be banned, only the sale of new ones. So far...

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #19  
I dunno about that, kind of self-serving IMHO considering how much they have invested in hybrids.

That having been said, I agree that a hybrid model makes a lot more sense than a plug-and-charge EV.

They have invested very little in pure EV's though, which the only thing a long range battery refers to.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #20  
Nice article but light on real content and facts and stats. I'm not an electric car advocate anyway as I don't believe the battery powered solution to be "better". We need a better power generator inside the vehicle for the electric powered portion to drive it. Something like hydrogen. Something like the old "George Jetson Pill" that he dropped into the tank. Batteries isn't it. It's bad for the environment. Where's the nickel come from ? Mines in South Africa handled by children under armed guards forcing labor. Yeah. That's a good idea.

Something like hydrogen?

How about something made up of hydrogen and carbon atoms?

Or maybe Mr. Fusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.