I hate small engines that have sat not used.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #61  
Some will, some won't. Some are under the mistaken impression that it's illegal to sell for other than aviation use, some (particularly those run by a government entity) are laboring under the rule of their owner (state/county/municipality) that they only sell for aviation use. THey are not supposed to sell for "over the road" use, since they don't collect road taxes on it (though there is an aviation tax). Lastly, some airports - particularly larger ones - have increased security since 9/11 and may not let you out onto the field if you don't have an aircraft or other airport business out there.

Just go to a small one, the smaller the better. Non Control Tower sort of place. You won't find jets there or a commuter service but you will find Piper Cubs, Ultra lights, small Cessnas ect. Big airports aren't even much friendly to small aircraft owners . Two entirely different worlds. Personally I am no fan of 100LL. The LL is very misleading as it has huge amounts of lead in it to prevent knock in bigger high performance engines. I think they said 5 times as much as the old 87 Leaded gas they used to sell for bug smashers. That's all but extinct these days I hear. It (100LL) was just another government cure all that tossed 2 entirely separate worlds into the same usage. Of course it suited the oil companies just fine too. That stuff fouls plugs like nothing in the world. That's why i just hit the hi test pumps where they have no ethanol and throw Stabil in it if it's going to sit.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #62  
   / I hate small engines that have sat not used. #63  
I've tried to buy at Oakland International, Hayward and Concord airports... lots of security to even get inside unless you have a plane in the hangar/pilot license.

At the smaller airport I was told I still needed a tail number for record keeping...

When I would fly with a friend he would radio the fuel truck and it would meet us... there was no drive up pump...

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #64  
At the smaller airport I was told I still needed a tail number for record keeping...

Next time just read make one up. Nobody cares, N123456 . Just have a credit card handy. Many places don't keep a cash drawer . It's a little awkward but not so terrible.

/ I hate small engines that have sat not used. #65  
I can give it a try... even have a picture with me in front of the P210 my friend owned.

Once a month we would try to fly somewhere... I really enjoyed it to no end!

He sold when he retired... the cost to maintain the 210 and hanger in the SF Bay Area was significant...