I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor?

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #101  
I do need a tractor to blow snow and bush hog but that may come to a end if i lease out the 11 acres to a farmer to plant crops.

I'm just tired of grass raking every year. Money is no issue i'm at the stage of live where it's more about convenience.

my thought is keep what you have, and go get a decent Zero Turn mower ... no regrets :)

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #102  
Just block off the discharge chute hole and remove the chute. That's the way my Ryobi ZT converted to a mulcher.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #103  
Just block off the discharge chute hole and remove the chute. That's the way my Ryobi ZT converted to a mulcher.

I have had a Woods side discharge 72" mower,,
and a Woods REAR discharge 72" mower.

The Rear Discharge is sort of like blocking the side discharge,, except there is more room out back to allow grass to get out.

I doubt that I could ever go back to a side discharge,,
The rear discharge virtually eliminates any clumping.

With the mower shown below,, you pretty much have ran away from any dust, pollen,, etc,, before it gets a chance to get to the operator. That is, unless there is a STIFF wind, that is unfavorable,, :eek:
It is a REAL pleasure to operate,,

The "extra horsepower" makes it nice,, also,,,

9hfBD6Q.jpg

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #104  
I use a B series kubota with a 60" belly mower with the blades it came with just replaced a few times. My yard is 3 1/2 acres and i have a field of 11 acres that i bush hog once a year with a older model B series tractor that was my uncles. All of it is pretty flat with a few trees.

It's only been 5 days since i last mowed the lawn and yet again i have grass all over the place just rows of it.

I asks my friends they say mow more often.......well it's only been 5 days and last time i raked the grass and it has not rained.

My neighbor never rakes his yard the only difference is he has a zero turn mower. So what is the difference? he mows every friday.

Only thing i can think of is mulching blades maybe?

I need to down size as i have

2 kubota b series tractors.
2 lawn mowers like the ones you buy at lowes. I use one to mow under the trees takes all of 10min.
A few b series attachments a rear 3 point snow blower, rear blade, front blade and a 5ft bush hog

I feel like i should trade both b series tractors in on a L series or the biggest B series and buy a zero turn mower and be done with it.

I do need a tractor to blow snow and bush hog but that may come to a end if i lease out the 11 acres to a farmer to plant crops.

I'm just tired of grass raking every year. Money is no issue i'm at the stage of live where it's more about convenience.
I'm mowing about 4 acres and had the same disgust on rows of cuttings. I put the Kubota mulching kit on my ZTR as well as Predator blades, No more rows, and great looking cut.
The drawback is that you probably would not want to try cutting waist high weeds after installing the mulching kit. Chopping the weeds down to 4 or 5 inches, then you can go back to a golf course looking lawn cut.