I feel stupid

/ I feel stupid #31  
I wrap a chain under the PTO shaft before I disconnect it. It holds the shaft up out of the dirt and when I go to reconnect the shaft is always close to the right height minimizing the effort needed to couple. I also use a PTO quick connect coupler. A bit pricey but worth it IMHO

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 33
   / I feel stupid #33  
True, but I can usually muscle around cat 1 implements with a digging bar. 1000#+ cat 2 implements don’t move too easily even with a bar
Why would you need a digging bar.
I never muscle anything around with extendable link arms
I don't even keep a digging bar in my tractor shed.
I back in and hook up.

/ I feel stupid #34  
Why would you need a digging bar.
I never muscle anything around with extendable link arms
I don't even keep a digging bar in my tractor shed.
I back in and hook up.
My blade and plow live outdoors on the ground. Not perfectly level like concrete.

/ I feel stupid #35  
My blade and plow live outdoors on the ground. Not perfectly level like concrete.
My pole barn has a dirt floor, roto tiller, sickle bar mower, rear finish mower, 3 point snowblower, fertilizer spreader, brush mower, post hole digger stay in the barn on a dirt floor.
My box blade, rear blade, 3 point rake, and 3 point 2 bottom plow all set outside on the ground.
No concrete here.
I never need a digger bar.

/ I feel stupid #36  
My pole barn has a dirt floor, roto tiller, sickle bar mower, rear finish mower, 3 point snowblower, fertilizer spreader, brush mower, post hole digger stay in the barn on a dirt floor.
My box blade, rear blade, 3 point rake, and 3 point 2 bottom plow all set outside on the ground.
No concrete here.
I never need a digger bar.
Good for you. Looks like you also have cat 1 implements.

/ I feel stupid #39  
i think he's referring to the weight of various implements. Cat 2 implements can be MUCH heavier to man handle for aligning. (y)
Thats my point, with the 3 point control, generally 1 of the lift arms have a hand crank or turn buckle and with extendable lower link arms.
Why do you need to man handle attachments to align
Cat 1 Cat 2 makes no difference

Last edited: