I feel stupid

/ I feel stupid #22  
Personally I just want to get one side on, then I used a 5ft pry bar and move or lift the implement as needed to hook on the other side.
I do the same with my category 2 implements. And having the telescoping lift arms makes this easy. A few wacks with a plastic dead blow hammer is also handy at times.

/ I feel stupid #23  
Brother - I'm just coming down from a high sweat. Changing over from rear blade to LPGS.

I have a very large field where I can unhook and leave the rear blade. It was just not my day. What normally takes ten minutes took 30. I choose the wrong spot and the operation became a true PITA.

Fortunately - hooking up the LPGS went easy.

That's one downside of Cat 2 implements. You can't "muscle" them.

It's actually been quite warm this afternoon - 70F.
You might check to see if you can retrofit telescoping lift arms on your tractor. They make a huge difference with cat 2 implements.

/ I feel stupid #24  
something so useful in such a small place; it seems so, industrial, on a miniature scale
Thank you very much!
Less than a year ago I retired after 50 years in industry. I tend to think in industrial terms. In fact, not 20 minutes ago I was placing a personal order with McMaster-Carr (and anybody who hasn't checked them out should!).

/ I feel stupid #25  
Don't feel bad. We're here to help (well, most of us are).
Actually, I'd go even further. We're also here because of our own ignorance -- the most important thing to fix!

/ I feel stupid #26  
You might check to see if you can retrofit telescoping lift arms on your tractor. They make a huge difference with cat 2 implements.
They make a huge difference on cat 1 implements

/ I feel stupid #27  
use that tractor on a pull-type disk.
(Ive yet to see any 3-point disk that I’ve thought was worth more than its weight in scrap metal).
Funny that you should mention this. I've been thinking about using a length of chain for the top link when hooking up my old Dearborn, to see if it follows the contours of the ground better.

/ I feel stupid #29  
Well I guess that I'll be the sole dissenter as I have no use for the rear quick hitches. While they may be a bit easier for the lift arms I find them to be a royal pain when hooking up the pto and at times the hydraulics.
If your tractor has the extendable lower links or the euro hooks they make 3 point hookups better.
I have even been know to get in and hook up the pto before finishing backing up and hooking up the lift arms.
Make that two of us. Hooking up the PTO shaft for my snowblower is a wrestling match with the quick hitch in the way.

/ I feel stupid #30  
Make that two of us. Hooking up the PTO shaft for my snowblower is a wrestling match with the quick hitch in the way.
My snowblowers pto is one of my worst ones, it actually has two push pins on opposite sides that have to be pushed in to connect or disconnect. It's an inverted blower with very little room from the side skirts to the rear tires. I actually stop 3-6 inches before being fully backed in to have room to get in and hookup the pto shaft, then back in the rest of the way to latch in the lower lift arms. I also only grease the u-joints in that shaft before hooking her up.