I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter?

/ I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter? #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
I bought a diverter valve kit for my mahindra, it requires drilling a mount bracket into the loader support bracket, this bothers me, even though there are holes already in it. Am I worried about nothing, really would like someone who deals with stresses to tell me I am worried about nothing.

what else am I going to do? I have the ability to make a non penetrating mount via 3d printing and cad design, it will take me several hours of design, and some filament, but, I don't like to have 3d printers solve everything if there is literally no reason. and there are several negatives...

Can you guys calm my nerves, I don't plan to ever take it off, I bought a grapple, and need it terribly. photo's attached,

Ignore the missing bolt, it was taken out for the design of the non penetrating.

@kennyd this is the artillian diverter, which i think your familiar with.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 113
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
   / I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter? #2  
If it were mine, I would tack weld some nuts on the plate steel and attach with short bolts. If you don't like that, you could also mount the bracket to a longer backing plate to make a clamping solution around the loader arm.
The area you indicate sees quite a bit of stress and personally I wouldn't be interested in weakening that with holes, but without a finite element analysis we are guessing whether or not it will make a real world difference

Attachments

• SITofn0pfls1hdsdgnDPpeDTGpGnTJBEo5OCIXUSKxc.jpg
    SITofn0pfls1hdsdgnDPpeDTGpGnTJBEo5OCIXUSKxc.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
   / I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter?
If it were mine, I would tack weld some nuts on the plate steel and attach with short bolts. If you don't like that, you could also mount the bracket to a longer backing plate to make a clamping solution around the loader arm.
The area you indicate sees quite a bit of stress and personally I wouldn't be interested in weakening that with holes, but without a finite element analysis we are guessing whether or not it will make a real world difference

There are 2 holes already from the factory for the pin restraint, that said your nut idea would be an ok idea, but that circular bar, forces me to be raised above a normal nut height to clear the diverter

/ I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter? #4  
There are 2 holes already from the factory for the pin restraint, that said your nut idea would be an ok idea, but that circular bar, forces me to be raised above a normal nut height to clear the diverter
This might be an option: allows more thread engagement as well

Attachments

• 999530b4-b6ff-4c5f-97f3-2aae55d3cf23_1.766e1a262caa00aabf4a4379fb515b24.jpeg
    999530b4-b6ff-4c5f-97f3-2aae55d3cf23_1.766e1a262caa00aabf4a4379fb515b24.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 42
   / I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter? #7  
Looks like the Mahindra welder used rusty coat hangers as welding rod.

I would suggest re-thinking your mount points before drilling your loader tower. Use small screws if you do i.e. 8-32 or 10-32 and keep holes on the middle of the structure

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 50
   / I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter? #8  
Could you make a bracket to attach it to the area where there are two bolts already?

side.jpg

/ I don't want to drill my Loader mount bracket.... does it actually matter? #10  
I bought a diverter valve kit for my mahindra, it requires drilling a mount bracket into the loader support bracket, this bothers me, even though there are holes already in it. Am I worried about nothing, really would like someone who deals with stresses to tell me I am worried about nothing.

what else am I going to do? I have the ability to make a non penetrating mount via 3d printing and cad design, it will take me several hours of design, and some filament, but, I don't like to have 3d printers solve everything if there is literally no reason. and there are several negatives...

Can you guys calm my nerves, I don't plan to ever take it off, I bought a grapple, and need it terribly. photo's attached,

Ignore the missing bolt, it was taken out for the design of the non penetrating.

Personally I would have no trouble with drilling it. I doubt highly that this would lead to a failure such as cracking. You would likely break something else first on your loader before that happened. Most of these tractors FEL's are not really suited to heavy duty operation such as land clearing. If you do use a grapple be careful not to work it hard.