I think it kinda matches the tractor!??

View attachment 838276

View attachment 838277

I never had a toolbox on a tractor that was this big

What else do I need to put in it??
A good hammer.
1702738503497.jpeg

/ I DIYed A Tool Box For The JD 4052R #13  
You can obviously fabricate anything well. What was your reason for making the cover plate lock in place with two lock pins? Seems like an unusual design choice and not so easy to fabricate, either.

/ I DIYed A Tool Box For The JD 4052R
I’d have made the bottom expanded metal so the chain isn’t sitting in mudd/water.
The bottom, and all the joints are "tabbed construction"
It kinda went together sorta like LEGO's,, so there are plenty of gaps for water to get out.

The "leaky joints" is something I copied off my 584 IH toolbox.

Anything that is a concern about getting wet (rags,, etc,,) will go in a plastic bag.

/ I DIYed A Tool Box For The JD 4052R #16  
Just drill a few holes in the bottom.

That works until it does’t. Only reason I mentioned it as I did the same thing for my car hauler spare tire, that sees much less debris than my tractors and if it didn’t spend a lot of its life under shelter, it probably would have rusted out by now.

image.jpg

No single item can fit through the cracks large enough to stop up the holes but before too long they are clogged.…

/ I DIYed A Tool Box For The JD 4052R
You can obviously fabricate anything well. What was your reason for making the cover plate lock in place with two lock pins? Seems like an unusual design choice and not so easy to fabricate, either.

Actually, I saw a new JD tractor,, at a dealer, recently, the battery box had very similar construction.
(AND, in the same location!!)
Two pins, tabs on the door,, I was not gonna reinvent the wheel, because, THAT looked OK to me.

Also, I did not want to deal with hinges,, they rust to an immobile state WAY too soon.

My BIL bought a new Ford pickup in the late 1970's, it had a built in door on the body side.
He put some tools in it the day he bought it.
Within a year, the hinges had rusted solid.

When he decided to sell the truck, he ripped off the door, because he had forgot what was in it.
There was nothing to speak of, typical farmer stuff, adjustable wrenches, and hammers. etc,,

/ I DIYed A Tool Box For The JD 4052R #18  
Now I get it. Thank you.