I did it. New XR4046H in the garage.

/ I did it. New XR4046H in the garage.
I didn't know the 4000 series was opposite. Post 14 shows my 4WD is to pull the handle up. Dont know why LS wouldn't make it the same on all models.

I'm actually glad it's down for 4WD. With no indicator light it's easier to determine 4WD is engaged.

I've been able to put 7 hours on the tractor since receiving it. Most of my time spent using the loader. I haven't pulled any implements yet. Here is my review of the tractor so far. Keep in mind I'm coming from a 33 HP New Holland TC33D.

What I like:
-Tractor runs smooth as silk. So quiet.
-Hydrostatic is quiet and smooth. I love the three speed setup. So easy to change speeds.
-Operator platform is nice. Very comfortable. Easy on, easy off. I'm getting more comfortable with the control locations.
-Overall look and feel of the tractor is great. Everything seems well made. Feels very solid when working the tractor.
-Location of fuel tank is very sweet. Very easy to fuel up.
-Fuel consumption seems to be about on par with my TC33D.
-Loader lift is strong. I've not actually measured the amount of lift but I can tell its way above my old TC33D.
-Shifting to 4WD is easy. I'm not crazy about the location of the lever but it does work well.
-Features, features, features. Lots of them.
-Looks bad a%$. The R4 tires really makes the tractor look good.

What's OK:
-Speed of loader movement is average. I've had experience with other machines with loader buckets. It's about average with what I've experienced.
-I miss my rocker pedal for the hydrostatic. I'm getting more comfortable with the two pedal setup but still prefer the rocker style. pedals need to be father away from operator. I'm just 6' tall and I feel a little cramped using the peddles.

What I not sure about yet:
-Regen mode. Right on que at 4hrs it kicks in and it right when I'm ready to shutdown. I could smell it before I ever noticed the lights. I went ahead and let it idle to complete the cycle. Took about 20 minutes to complete.
-Can't see the location of my bucket very well. I find myself looking through nooks and crannies to see where my bucket is. I do think I will get better at it.
-I'm not real sure about the power of the tractor. There were instances I dropped the front tires over into a ditch I was cleaning out and it required shifting into 1st gear to pull out. I really thought it should come out in 2nd gear.
-The rolling power of the bucket seems weak. I still need to do some more testing but from what I've experienced so far it's not as strong as I would like.
-I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again. It needs an indicator light for 4WD.
-Tractor is well built but they put these cheap stickers for the dash. The PTO and throttle lever stickers won't last a season if the tractor sat out in the sun. Looks like they were an after thought during design.
-The loader paint is terrible. Tractor is nice but the loader itself looks like it was painted on a Friday at quitting time.
-The loader stick needs to be closer to the driver. It's not bad but you do have to reach out to run the loader. When running my TC33D, I could leave my arm on the arm rest and run the loader.

Overall I love the tractor. Would I buy again? Definitely!

/ I did it. New XR4046H in the garage. #23  
It seems like I saw a simple mod to the seat to get some leg room on those LS's. I can't remember who/where. You might scan for it.

/ I did it. New XR4046H in the garage. #26  
I think TSO wrote up an article about adjusting the seat on the R4047H he used to own also. I missed that article mjstef wrote but didn't need to do it on my XR3037HC. Just cranking up the seat controls and moving it back was enough for me.

Just a thought JBob that if you are going to use the tractor for a short time press and hold the regen inhibit switch for at least 2 seconds. That will postpone the regen cycle until the next time you use the tractor. That way it won't start regen when you want to put it away.

It took a few hours but once I got used to it I like the separate pedals better than the rocker pedal on my previous tractor (a Mahindra 2615HST non cab).

Maybe the loader joystick on the cab model has better placement than non cab but mine has good feel and ease of use. Loader does operate slower than my Mahindra did.

A 4X4 indicator light could be added but I don't have a problem without one. I did find out the 4X4 lever on the 4046 is opposite of the 3037. Mine is up for 4WD instead of down. Might be confusing if one owns both models but I don't have that problem.

Glad you like yours, I know I'm happy with mine. Enjoy

/ I did it. New XR4046H in the garage. #27  
Hi JBob,

Congratulations for your new XR4046H :cool2:.

Would you mind to share what configuration/attachments you got and the price you paid. I am looking for a new LS tractor and have a terrible time with dealers not responding. Thanks

Hi JBob, Congratulations for your new XR4046H :cool2:. Would you mind to share what configuration/attachments you got and the price you paid. I am looking for a new LS tractor and have a terrible time with dealers not responding. Thanks

Don't mind all. I paid $27000 out the door. That included a 72" tiller, loaded tires, and delivery. I found a little better deal but the dealer was 4 hours away.

/ I did it. New XR4046H in the garage. #29  
Congrats on the new tractor.

I think your observations are spot on. The loader joystick placement was something I noticed that I didn't like, and I feel that the pin spacing for the curl pins are too close, which leads to less leverage and weaker curl force. I also think that the slower operational speed of the loader has to do with the larger cylinder sizes. Thicker cylinders generate more power, but take longer to fill with fluid, thus slower speeds.

Enjoy your new toy!

And, here's how to fix the seat:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractors/273441-60-second-seat-seat-adjustment.html