Rotary Cutter I D this Rotary Cutter?

/ I D this Rotary Cutter? #1  

34Willys

Silver Member
Tractor
'18 Kioti CK2610HST
Anybody able to identify this 5 foot cutter and about what it's worth?
I may go look at it Wednesday. It will be used to tackle blackberries and cutting rough area of meadow.
I don't care how it looks, just that it is worth buying.

Patrick
1680583736067.png
1680583761752.png

/ I D this Rotary Cutter? #2  
Kinda looks like a older landpride.

Looks like it needs some work. And needs a flexible toplink connection because that strap going from the lift frame to the tail has seen better days. And maybe some new blade bolts or see if the stump-jumper is loose.

If the gearbox is tight, and the PTO-shaft is in good shape....$300-$400

/ I D this Rotary Cutter? #3  
The top link is flexible because it has chain going on out to the tail wheel. You can easily bend that strap straight if it bothers you. At least it's bent up so it will never get into drive shaft. That 300-400 dollar price, I've seen comparable go for 650, new ones are high = old ones go high. Keep oil in it and I guess they last forever. My uncle gave one to my gran dad in 1980 and it was a give away condition back then, patched up and wore out. Gear box is still good, still use it. It gets patched on now and then. Bought a few rear wheels. But it still works. My cousin has it turned up sideways trying to get stump jumper off. Prying, beating, breaking tools... I always loosen that bottom nut and go cut trees and hit a few stumps. Bottom is loose soon thereafter.

/ I D this Rotary Cutter? #4  
Looks like it's going to need a new seal in the top of the gear box .. while that one's fairly easy to replace.. you'll need to check the lower seal where the shaft comes out the gear box for leaks .. the stump jumper will have to come off to replace it if leaking. Like mentioned above they can be miserable at times to get off.

/ I D this Rotary Cutter?
I found a manufacturer sticker, but I'm not familiar with R.M Wxxxx? & Co
It does need an input seal, but the gear box is smooth and tight and I don't see any gear oil below. PTO shaft slides and the u-joints are also smooth. I grabbed the stump jumper and blades and there was very little play.
I bought it for $325 and he sharpened the blades.

Attachments

• 1681310616947.jpeg
    1681310616947.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
   / I D this Rotary Cutter? #6  
I believe that is R.M. Wade & Co. Farm and Garden Division.

They had an interesting history if you want to read about them.

This is copied text from their Foundation website. It may be useful for you.

Contact Information​

Today the Distribution Division of the company is primarily a real estate investment company. For further information contact Susan Russell at 503-641-1871 or srussell@rmwade.com

To order parts for Howard Rotavator, Multivator, Tarrup and other implement lines contact General Implement Distributors at 503-641-1865 or email aanderson@arnoldmachinery.com

For Wade Rain contact Ed Newbegin at enewbegin@waderain.com or call 503-692-5353

Thank You!!

/ I D this Rotary Cutter? #8  
Anybody able to identify this 5 foot cutter and about what it's worth?
I may go look at it Wednesday. It will be used to tackle blackberries and cutting rough area of meadow.
I don't care how it looks, just that it is worth buying.

Patrick
View attachment 793237 View attachment 793238
Looks similar to a BigBee Agri-Five. Tough little cutter with a lighter duty gearbox so it doesn't sap a lot of HP.

3.png

/ I D this Rotary Cutter? #9  
I found a manufacturer sticker, but I'm not familiar with R.M Wxxxx? & Co
It does need an input seal, but the gear box is smooth and tight and I don't see any gear oil below. PTO shaft slides and the u-joints are also smooth. I grabbed the stump jumper and blades and there was very little play.
I bought it for $325 and he sharpened the blades.
Nice find and purchase,... I bought a lot worse shaped bush hog model 306.. it needed a input seal on the top side of the gear box . And a lot of straightening and deck work... But the gears wear tight and price was only $225... Just my time and labor to get it back to this plus a lot welding rods.. ..

Attachments

• 572425-dcbc14023dc1ab5f2fd8813e1bfd166f.jpg
    572425-dcbc14023dc1ab5f2fd8813e1bfd166f.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 572412-3b69fe71156f21070aab4346e4f12618.jpg
    572412-3b69fe71156f21070aab4346e4f12618.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 46
I can't find any identification on the gear box, and no shops around here seem to be able to match the input housing gaskets.
Anyone know where I can purchase a shim/gasket set for the input shaft housing to gear box? I replaced the seal, but the real leak was from the gaskets. The two gaskets were old and brittle, about 6" diameter, with 6-3/8" bolt holes, and .040" total thickness.
Patrick