I am getting a loader, need input

/ I am getting a loader, need input #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a B7100 it is about 22 years old, and i am going to get a loader for it. Yes, i know i waited a long time. I called the local Kubota dealer here in OKC and they told me i could either get a Kubota Loader on it which is capable of 600lbs. Or i could get a Koyker 110 loader capable of 1000lbs! What i am wanting to know is has anyone had any expieriences with the Koyker brand? Or does anyone have a Koyker 110 loader? If so has it been good, how long have you had it, any pros or cons?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, i am looking into getting a loader probably within the next month.

Thanks
Jeff

/ I am getting a loader, need input #2  
Hi Jeff.
Maybe a Kubota front loader B1630C could fit your B7100.
The loader weight approximate 387pounds,lift capacity 510 pounds,break out force 780 pounds,lift height 67 inches.
I have more information if you should be interested.
Believe me once you start useing your loader your back will feel better. :eek:)
Take Care.

/ I am getting a loader, need input
the b7100dt is most likely what you have it is 3inch shorter aprox than the hydrostatic unit. NO current kubota loader will fit it without modifications. I would suggest the woods 106 it to will need some modification and a hydrolic adapter to connect the hydro. system. you need to check you tractor for a hydrolic line having a four bolt block to adapt.to for oil supply. loader are rated different no-loader by any mfg. for this unit will lift 1000 lbs at full ht. dead ctr of bkt. the trick is as jdeere did with the 410 loader on the 4100 tractor old lift cap=665lbs new asae301.3 (at bucket pins same as bushhog = 882 lbs fine print and lack of a spec book will change the # install a roll bar.$148.00 contact ktc@(310) 370-3370

I'd like to throw out my "for the loader newbie" info. Not that I'm any smarter, if I was I wouldn't have had to learn the hardway 17 years ago. I suppose you can't cover all the bases and legislate safety but they shouldn't even have a tractor and loader on DISPLAY without a chunk of concrete mounted on the 3pt (or heavy implement). When I got my Ford 1710 17 years ago the backhoe wasn't available for a few weeks. I figured I wouldn't need to hang the box scraper on the back to use the loader if I was going to BE SURE I kept the loader low to the ground. After all the problems occur with the loader bucket loaded and up in the air right? Wrong...They can occur with the loader empty up in the air. I wasn't even doing that though. I was digging and caught a rock or root. Before I knew it I had the ass-end of the tractor up in the air, panicked,/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif hit the loader lever fast and hard and DOWN SHE CAME! I saw stars and thought my back would be permanently screwed up. See...I ain't smart, but I DO learn, and try to pass on what I've learned in the spirit of good will. You can buy premade weights or do the "old farmers" trick of buying a crossbar for your lower links, putting it in a cardboard box with the ends sticking out some holes in the side and fill it with concrete. I saw another guy that welded the 3point pegs onto an engine block and pan and filled IT with concrete.

I bring this up also because you mentioned a "non-Kubota" loader. The loader that I put on my 1710 was non original and was stronger than the stock "Ford" unit. The original loader does not lift less because it is a cheaper or poorly designed loader it is that way to increase the safety factor. Not everyone carries the load properly (as low as possible) and remembers not to ever lift it up on a side slope etc etc., when you put a stronger loader on you REALLY have to be careful. Kubota, your dealer, or the folks on this board can probably tell you how much rear balance you need to counteract the loader. If it's a counterweight near the rear end it probably has to be heavier than a box scraper hung farther back. Good luck, go slow, and we'll all be around together for years telling tall tales about our exploits! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

We currently have a weight rack on the front of the tractor to increase traction for the front wheels, we probably have about 300 pouns of iron up there. When we get the loader we will probably take it off, and hang the whole rack behind the box blade. Our box blade weighs about 400 pounds itself. I am thinking 700 pounds should be plenty of counterweight.

Jeff