Hyster forklift rebuild

/ Hyster forklift rebuild
with the electrical diagram I can start the tracing of the mass of wires connected to nothing Im trying to track a service manual, if I find one will forward a link

/ Hyster forklift rebuild #12  
What you have is called a Monotrol, it's just a switch that activated the drive to forward or reverse. It's only one speed but variable depending on torque and load, rpm, etc. There should be a section in one of the books about it.
Mine is the twin stick manual with a G193 Continental. Finding Hyster literature in the wild is difficult indeed.

today bled brakes, put wheels on had to replace one tube so the valve stem faced out and set the machine back on ground, figured I would check fuel, half tank of diesel smells bad, varnishy and solvent smell, does diesel go bad? maybe last owner poured virasol in the tank by mistake, anyway slowly pumping it out, hopefully fire it up tomorrow

and it continues, new fuel and fired it up and a spray of oil underneath, removed covers and a pressure line from the go pedal is spraying oil, replaced the lin and checked hydraulic oil, topped up and it moves but weak brakes, figure its adjustment, back up on blocks but rain stopping me doing much

here is the forklift brakes adjusted to drag on drums, park brake works fine to lock wheels, once forklift comes in yard will lower it back on ground,

I fired it up to raise the mast and it died and refuses to start, I figure with only 20L of fuel in tank sitting at this angle the fuel pickup is not getting fuel, lets hope

Attachments

• IMG_20230926_154259_resized_20230928_013322032.jpg
    IMG_20230926_154259_resized_20230928_013322032.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230926_154311_resized_20230928_013321798.jpg
    IMG_20230926_154311_resized_20230928_013321798.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
   / Hyster forklift rebuild #16  
That should be about a quarter to a third of a tank, it shouldn't run out. Hopefully just a plugged filter from junk stirred up.
Here's a pic of mine for reference. It's a H50H, 5000 pound cap. Not sure of the year but I was watching old episodes of Honey West a few years back and saw what looked like the same model, brand new.
100_0924.jpg

back on the ground and seem to have brakes, finally started lots of cranking, seems oil level in motor is way overfilled so oil change tomorrow, topped the hydraulic tank, anyone know if the hydraulic oil also runs the transmission, lost a couple quarts with the burst hose on the go pedal accelerator but could not see any filler or dipstick for transmission, it mover slugishly or Im just not running it like it needs

back on the ground and seem to have brakes, finally started lots of cranking, seems oil level in motor is way overfilled so oil change tomorrow, topped the hydraulic tank, anyone know if the hydraulic oil also runs the transmission, lost a couple quarts with the burst hose on the go pedal accelerator but could not see any filler or dipstick for transmission, it mover slugishly or Im just not running it like it needs
anyone know where the oil level or dipstick to check powershift transmission

after calling the Hyster service several times did get to talk to the tech, he insists the oil level stick is besides the oil dipstick, looked for a few hours and now I am certain the oil level stick is the hydraulic oil, all lines from pump to tank and transmission seem connected so certain its the one,

the motor oil is so bad if I get it on my fingers they stain black, not changed for a few decades, pumped out the oil new filter and new oil, will run it next week for a few hours then change it again.

the brakes are 100% after several adjustment sessions, altenator is not working so will just install a 80s GM one, easy hookup and no regulator

have a great weekend

new week changed oil, filter topped hydraulic level and figured at least try it, cranked puffing white/grey smoke no fire so traced the intake heater, got it going even a small fire but still no start, the battery may be weak as Im assuming the charging is working which I have not verified so charge the battery and will try again tomorrow

temp is 9 deg C today rain on and off, weak battery and that will do it.

for this cold start system, what is the correct way to use it, hold the switch in for a time then crank? hold switch and crank right away, book explains how it works just not how to use