Hydro oil change

/ Hydro oil change #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My B7800 is 19 years old. I noticed that the hours just passed 800 and I thought that I should check what maintenance items are due per the Kubota manual. All were current but I noticed that hydro oil was due at 300 and 600, BUT nothing beyond that. Doesn’t that seem unusual? I plan to change it every 300.

8DEDC4C8-FC4B-447C-80B8-FB3DFF83902F.png

/ Hydro oil change #2  
I change mine along with the filters every 400 hours, (about every 5 years). Same for the coolant and front diff fluid. Air and fuel filters are every 200 hours. Oil changes are annual.

/ Hydro oil change #3  
All were current but I noticed that hydro oil was due at 300 and 600,
Looks like Kubota made a common mistake in their manual: If first hyd oil change is at 50hr, and the subsequent intervals they call for are 300h after that, it shoulda said 350h for second oil change, and 650h after that.

More common interval for most tractors is 400h after the first change (at 450h on the meter), as JJT does. I did not even change my fluid the last time, cuz I had a backhoe leak and had to add a gallon here and a gallon there for a long time. Just the 2 filters.

/ Hydro oil change #6  
I think it's every 300hrs once you reach 300hrs.
So you change it at only 50 hrs to get rid of all the manufacturing and initial wear/seating contaminants.
Then again in 250 (@300 on the meter) for any residual.
From then on it's multiples of 300, keeps it simple, 300,600,900,1200,1500, etc

/ Hydro oil change #7  
So you’re saying I should never change the hydro again?
We need to see the legend at the bottom of the page. What does the "empty" star mean?

/ Hydro oil change #8  
Yes,continue to change at 300 hour intervals!
Actually,I found some info at kubotausa.com where the oil change interval on my B3030 has changed from 100 hours to 200 hours.
Did not notice the hydro change interval however.
Check it out and Good Luck!

/ Hydro oil change #9  
I woudn't over think this. Seems like it is common sense to continue changing the hydro fluid ever 300 miles as long as you own the tractor. You might call your dealer's service department and ask them why the manual stops requiring maintenance after 800 hours.