Hydro Leak Help 4720Cab

/ Hydro Leak Help 4720Cab #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
I'll try to explain this the best I can. I have a 2011 4720 Cab leaking hydro fluid from the valve at the rear of the tractor for the third SCV hook up (this sealed "valve" is shown in the parts manual as the small metal box behind the two hydro quick-connect hook ups). But the oil is actually coming from the top of the "T" value (I don't know what else to call this T thing...vent maybe?) that you can turn. I have the T thing as tight as I can get (it's shown in the closed position) it without breaking it and think I've slowed the leak down but it still comes out when using the FEL. what is this part called and any ideas on how to fix it. I looked up the part and it seems the T things is not IDed as a separate part however the entire small metal box is called a valve is IDed. I don't want to replace the entire thing I was hoping there was some rubber gasket or something.

/ Hydro Leak Help 4720Cab #2  
It's a needle valve for bleeding pressure from the hoses to make it easier tp hook/unhook the quick couplings. Is it leaking from around the stem? you can remove it and take a look for blown O-rings.

/ Hydro Leak Help 4720Cab
It's a needle valve for bleeding pressure from the hoses to make it easier tp hook/unhook the quick couplings. Is it leaking from around the stem? you can remove it and take a look for blown O-rings.

yes you are right...thanks i found my install manual my dealer gave me know i know what it is . i will look into removing it and replace the ring.

/ Hydro Leak Help 4720Cab
Update - I think it's fixed. I was able to remove the T Valve from the SCV box/hook ups and there are two very small rubber O-rings. the old ones were in one piece but a little harder than the new ones. I replaced both for a few dollars. I have not given it a full test but I bet its fixed.