Oil & Fuel Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #11  
I figure that the cost of the oil to do the service is small when compared to what I payed for the new machine so I will use OEM parts and oil, and install them according to the owners manual. In all actuality any high quality oil is expensive nowadays, bobcat oil is just a little bit more. Then I will have a few beers and rest easy while I stare at my freshly serviced tractor. :D

BTW, I purchase a grease at the factory that I'm a maintenance supervisor at that is just over $100/tube. Glad you don't lube your loader with that aren't you?:eek:

-Justin

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #12  
Sprocket, I went to the bobcat dealer and he wanted like $60 or $62 for 2 1/2 gal jug for the bobcat oil. I went to a petroleum distributor and found the mobilube 424 for $55 for 5 gallons. I was so excited I bought it there and didn't do anymore shopping. So I don't know if that was a good deal or not, but still less than 1/2 the cost of Bobcat oil. And Justin, I agree with you to a point, I'm using $55 oil instead of $35 oil at TSC just because I know if it's recommended by the Kioti manual for my Bobcat tractor, it's right. I suspect TSC oil is just fine too, but peace of mind is worth quite a bit.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil
jrtpro,

Did you ever find out what to use for the hydro fluid? I am about due for a change and don't want to pay the $60.71 the dealer quoted me for 2.5 gal of the bobcat stuff.

This is all I have found so far you can click on my other post above to read everything. Looks like Shell Oil.

1. Chemical product and company information. 15W-40 ( Daedong Tractor Engine Oi l15W-40 ) Title: Daedong Tractor Engine Oil 15W-40 (Daedong Tractor Engine Oi l15W-40).

Common characteristics: a mixture of hydrocarbons, liquid at room temperature, Amber

DENTIFICATION Category: Irritant

Use of the product: high-performance diesel

Manufacturer Info: Shell Oil Korea Address: 368-2, Seoul, Seodaemun-gu is Chungjeongro 3
608 Chong Kun Dang Building, 7th Floor PO Box 608 Gwanghwamun
(02) 3149-5495 Phone number: (02) 3149-5495
FAX : (02) 364-3974 FAX number: (02) 364-3974

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #14  
Sprocket, I went to the bobcat dealer and he wanted like $60 or $62 for 2 1/2 gal jug for the bobcat oil. I went to a petroleum distributor and found the mobilube 424 for $55 for 5 gallons. I was so excited I bought it there and didn't do anymore shopping. So I don't know if that was a good deal or not, but still less than 1/2 the cost of Bobcat oil. And Justin, I agree with you to a point, I'm using $55 oil instead of $35 oil at TSC just because I know if it's recommended by the Kioti manual for my Bobcat tractor, it's right. I suspect TSC oil is just fine too, but peace of mind is worth quite a bit.

krazsk, do you mind telling me what distributer you went through. I have been searching online for Mobilube424 and have not had any luck finding anything local. I found a place I could order it from but would think shipping costs would be a little high.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #15  
krazsk, do you mind telling me what distributer you went through. I have been searching online for Mobilube424 and have not had any luck finding anything local. I found a place I could order it from but would think shipping costs would be a little high.

It's Mobilefluid 424. I saw it am my dealer, but I don't know what they're getting for it.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #16  
You're right, it was a mistake, the correct fluid is Mobilfluid 424, not Mobilube. You can also try Shell Donax TD. Both are recommended in Kioti CK manual. Sorry for the error.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #17  
So. Anyone using Tractor Supply,CarQuest or NAPA H.fluid? Tractor Supply has their brand on sale for $29.95 for 5 gal. right now.

I have no problem paying for OEM products if it's close to the going rate(around $10 per gal), but it sounds like a rebadge and a huge greedy price increase($25 per gal) may be going on. I am very curious.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #18  
I did this exact dilema as well. I too am cheap but there is a point where a warranty claim could screw you over royally.

I found out that the Bobcat fluid is dyed and also contains a tracer that if you have a warranty claim they labatory your fluid. No tracer = no warranty.

Just the fact that this time I bit my tongue and bought the Bobcat stuff.

I picked up my stuff at Tri-State Bobcat in Hudson, WI while coming home on vacation. I believed I paid $55 for a 2.5 gallon jug.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #19  
I did this exact dilema as well. I too am cheap but there is a point where a warranty claim could screw you over royally.

I found out that the Bobcat fluid is dyed and also contains a tracer that if you have a warranty claim they labatory your fluid. No tracer = no warranty.

Just the fact that this time I bit my tongue and bought the Bobcat stuff.

I picked up my stuff at Tri-State Bobcat in Hudson, WI while coming home on vacation. I believed I paid $55 for a 2.5 gallon jug.

If the Bobcat warranty is as you say, I suspect it will not "hold water". It will just be a matter of time till a lawyer is involved. If you could do something like that, we all would be using Toyota,Ford,Chevy,Dodge or whatever you drive branded oil. This sounds like a scare tactic to me.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #20  
Upon delivery i asked my dealer if i had to run Bobcat fluids. He said no. All being said, i plan to use the Bobcat fluids and filters for all of my first changes, then go from there. Cheap insurance and easier if anything does go wrong.