Oil & Fuel Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #1  

jrtpro

Does anyone know who bottles the Hydro/Hydrostatic and motor oil? I was told by someone that Bobcat uses ROTELLA motor oil, but I don't know who bottles the Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #2  
Does anyone know who bottles the Hydro/Hydrostatic and motor oil? I was told by someone that Bobcat uses ROTELLA motor oil, but I don't know who bottles the Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil.

Good luck finding that out. I have a feeling that is a guarded secret, since Bobcat gets over $50 for a 3 gallon jug, and says you have to use their Hydro oil to keep the warranty valid.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #3  
As it was pointed out to me, if they require you to use their iol to maintain their warranty then they must supply the oil to you for free. Somebody pointed out the act of congress to me earlier.

It is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

"Tie-In Sales" Provisions

Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.

In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect, you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that excludes coverage of such things.

While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair voids this warranty.

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #4  

Take a look at the MSDS for the oil in question...the info you're looking for is on there.
BUT That doesnt give you a generic alternative...just gives you the MFG. Nothing says that Bobcat doesnt specify a special formulation, etc...

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #5  
On delivery I asked my dealer that specific question as i have a Kioti dealer 3 miles from my house, and they are open on saturdays which is the greater advantage. He said that he is required to tell me to use Bobcat replacement parts, oils, and filters, but I am not required to.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil
As it was pointed out to me, if they require you to use their iol to maintain their warranty then they must supply the oil to you for free. Somebody pointed out the act of congress to me earlier.

It is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

"Tie-In Sales" Provisions

Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.

In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect, you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that excludes coverage of such things.

While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair voids this warranty.

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition.

"Free" I like the sound of that, but I have a great dealer and do not mind over paying on the fluid. Driving the 240 mile round trip for something I can buy local is what I mind. He mails everything to me, but hydro fluid would add a lot. I know bobcat uses Mobil in some equipment by reading it in the MSDS. I think it was mobil 424. I still don't know what is used in the tractor, but I am working on it.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #8  
jrtpro,

Did you ever find out what to use for the hydro fluid? I am about due for a change and don't want to pay the $60.71 the dealer quoted me for 2.5 gal of the bobcat stuff.

/ Hydro/Hydrostatic Transmission Oil #9  
the Kioti CK manual says to use Mobilfluid 424 or Shell Donax TD. If you carefully read the Bobcat fluid, it says something like "use of this fluid keeps your warranty intact." It does not say using Mobilfluid 424 will void the warranty.