Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #21  
Again I'd take look at relief valve or pressure regulator. Whatever the valve called that you can adjust near the underside of the deck height adjust. Can't remember the nomenclature right now.
this is what I was thinking of

The PRV is located behind the mower height adjustment knob on the Left side of the tractor beneath the seat.
that valve.
any pressure relief valve thats worn can exhibit these symptoms when hot

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #22  
Any updates? Very interested to see what's going on.

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #23  
Can you explain to me what the PRV symptoms are and what it is doing?

Are you say it’s bypassMing to much/often?

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #24  
Can you explain to me what the PRV symptoms are and what it is doing?

Are you say it’s bypassMing to much/often?
saying its possible. I'll see if I can find out in mtx manual later today if there are any test procedures specifically for that valve.

edit: manual does not give any test procedures for it just specs and replacement torque values.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #25  
The reason I asked is I think my tractor hydraulics are over heating too, but on a completely different type tractor, so any insights are welcome.

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #26  
The reason I asked is I think my tractor hydraulics are over heating too, but on a completely different type tractor, so any insights are welcome.
prv on gc2400 is spring loaded valve, when springs on a prv are worn they sometimes don't react correctly when hot.
Capture.PNG

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #27  
A comment:

Not the same tractor, and may be quite unrelated, BUT......

The little B7200 HST has a detent on the 3point lift control. Can't for the life of me figure out why, (Might be something catching that's not supposed to, I really should look into it)

But, If I'm working the tractor hard , and that detent is engaged, and don't notice the hydraulic whine, the lift oil all goes through the control valve over pressure port. The fluid heats up quickly when that happens.

This goes along with all the mentions of OPV ...

Just something to check, Make sure no hydraulic control valves are blocked! These are OPEN CENTER SYSTEMS, and designed for unrestricted flow unless being called for.

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #28  
How does the HST fan look? Its on the Drive shaft....

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #29  
I hope this isn't another one of those threads where we never find out what happened.

/ Hydraulics quit working after getting hot. Mostly a loss of power to the point of driving backwards to get out of the way. Help #30  
I hope this isn't another one of those threads where we never find out what happened.
been 14 days since last post, all 4 posts by member in this thread, so yeah thats exactly whats going to happen.