Hydraulics falling

/ Hydraulics falling #1  

jorswift

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4300, Ford Jubilee
I have a JD4300 with the 420 loader. My hydraulic seems to fall rather quickly and leak come fluid on the bucket or curl cylinder. What is needed to rebuild or replace seal maybe? Please advise. Thanks.

/ Hydraulics falling #2  
So you're HYD cylinders are leaking fluid on the outside? If so take them off and to a HYD repair shop and let them replace the seals, or if you can take them apart. Take the ram inside the cylinder to a HYD shop and get the correct parts to rebuild it. It's probably just O-rings in there. JD parts should be able to get the seals too if you want to repack them.
If you have rust or pitting on the ram you might want to get that repaired as well.

/ Hydraulics falling
So you're HYD cylinders are leaking fluid on the outside? If so take them off and to a HYD repair shop and let them replace the seals, or if you can take them apart. Take the ram inside the cylinder to a HYD shop and get the correct parts to rebuild it. It's probably just O-rings in there. JD parts should be able to get the seals too if you want to repack them.
If you have rust or pitting on the ram you might want to get that repaired as well.

Yes, my cylinder is leaking a small amounts on the outside. The hose probably needs to be replaced as well. Is it best to get OEM hoses or have them made?

/ Hydraulics falling #4  
A good pic of where they are leaking would help. Any chance?

/ Hydraulics falling #5  
I don't know if JD actually sells hoses. Most dealers will make them for you as you wait. Just take the old one in. Ask your dealer if they rebuild the cylinders too. JD sells seal kits for all te cylinders.

/ Hydraulics falling #6  
Get the serial number off the loader and check on JDParts to see if a rebuild kit is available. Newer versions of the 430 loaders JD cylinders are not serviceable, guessing 420's are the same. In that case you can probably find aftermarket cylinders for much cheaper than new JD's. If yours are serviceable, you snake a wire out of the gland as you twist to remove it. Pretty straightforward after that.

The short hoses are all -6 ORFS 90's on each end and are spendy no matter where you go. My local shop made them for $55 a piece. Online is a little cheaper if you're needing several. I think the JD hose is like $73. All the hoses are basically the same, but the sweep angle of the 90 is a little different on some of them so JD has separate PN's for them, however regular sweep 90's will work fine.

/ Hydraulics falling #7  
Get the serial number off the loader and check on JDParts to see if a rebuild kit is available. Newer versions of the 430 loaders JD cylinders are not serviceable, guessing 420's are the same. In that case you can probably find aftermarket cylinders for much cheaper than new JD's. If yours are serviceable, you snake a wire out of the gland as you twist to remove it. Pretty straightforward after that.

The short hoses are all -6 ORFS 90's on each end and are spendy no matter where you go. My local shop made them for $55 a piece. Online is a little cheaper if you're needing several. I think the JD hose is like $73. All the hoses are basically the same, but the sweep angle of the 90 is a little different on some of them so JD has separate PN's for them, however regular sweep 90's will work fine.

All seal kits for all s/n breaks for the 419,420, 430, and 460 are available from Deere. Not sure why they would offer a seal kit if it can't be re-sealed.

/ Hydraulics falling #9  
Most NAPA parts stores makes hoses, just take the old one with you so they will know how to build it.
The parts house will probably know of a HYD shop that can repack the cylinders for you, they probably can make you a hose too.

/ Hydraulics falling #10  
All seal kits for all s/n breaks for the 419,420, 430, and 460 are available from Deere. Not sure why they would offer a seal kit if it can't be re-sealed.

Maybe it's the 300cx where the issues start? I remember there being an issue with it somewhere.