Hydraulic Stick Saws

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
Anyone own or use a hydraulic stick saw or hydraulic pruners off their tractor hydraulics?

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws #2  
No. I saw a hydraulic pruner at the Kubota dealership several years ago. It was very heavy built and would have been quite a chore just to lug around. The heft of that pruner plus the weight of the hydraulic hose - you would need to have the strength of a gorilla to use it for long.

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws #3  
123_1.jpeg

Made one for the tractor. Sure been useful. Several manufacturers make similar saws.

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws #5  
Anyone own or use a hydraulic stick saw or hydraulic pruners off their tractor hydraulics?
What use are you thinking about? There is also a circular saw version sold by Limbsaw. Home

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws #6  
The tree trimmers were using a handheld hydraulic pole saw from the bucket of the boom truck.

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws
What use are you thinking about? There is also a circular saw version sold by Limbsaw. Home
I plan on using it around our properties. I did buy these yesterday for $200. Two loppers and the saw.

Attachments

• 20230612_171817.jpg
    20230612_171817.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
   / Hydraulic Stick Saws #9  
wow,that is impressive. how does it work with the lower branches, just. tilt forward or…..?

Yes. The top is hinged and adjustable. Generally want to cut from the top to prevent binding. Being able to reverse gets you out of a bind.
IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

/ Hydraulic Stick Saws
I plan on using it around our properties. I did buy these yesterday for $200. Two loppers and the saw.
I changed out the hose fittings on the saw. It does work on my remotes but the open loop valve is sticking when you release the handle. I'll get into that tomorrow to see what is causing the sticking.