Hydraulic return line question.

/ Hydraulic return line question. #21  
Hey, I just tease people with that. I realize that most of you guys look at convenience more than anything else. No biggie.

/ Hydraulic return line question. #22  
Wayne, It's funny, but the local hose place for me has been cheaper than any of the parts stores that also do hose. As a plus, I get good hose and not some cheap sheep from china and it's assembled by a pro with experience.

jb

/ Hydraulic return line question.
Wayne County Hose said:
Hey, I just tease people with that. I realize that most of you guys look at convenience more than anything else. No biggie.

actually most of us look at price more than anything. :)

/ Hydraulic return line question. #24  
Hey Wayne,
Do you have a website or could a guy order stuff from you online? Something to look at?
I order all my hydraulic stuff as it is, so if you have it, I would get it from you. No doubt you'd take care of us fellow TBN'ers.

/ Hydraulic return line question. #25  
I do have a website, but there is not much to it yet. Wayne County Hose. It's still under construction, not much on it yet. Also no provisions for ordering on it. I either have or can get anything from the Eaton/Weatherhead catalog, and lots of other stuff. p.m. me or give me a call at my shop. 570-251-8888.

I didn't come here looking for business, just to get help with my old junk. I even took my shop # out of my signature. I know that most of the time, people need hoses right now and can't wait. But, feel free to give me a ring.

p.s. I can't match DHH prices as they sell for about my cost. But, I can blow them away in quality and technical support.

/ Hydraulic return line question. #26  
I bookmarked your site.
I know you didn't come here for the business. I'm thinking a hydraulic dummy like me would benefit from your expertise. I've read your posts. It would help me a lot which would be worth it to me.
Maybe I could get a copy of that catalog?
Thanks...

/ Hydraulic return line question. #27  
Wayne County Hose said:
Oh my. Sorry, but I cringe when people tell me they go to an auto store for hydraulic hoses. Funny, nobody comes to me for auto parts.

Probably first thing you will be asked is, "What's this off of?" If there are no distinguishable markings left on the hose to identify it, they may cut it in half to identify it. Therefore, giving you the correct hose for your application. The hose may be $30, or it may be $130. But, you'll get the correct hose.

My son runs an auto parts store that sells hose and fittings plus does hose assmbly. A lot of the local farmers use them and have been happy enough vs. shopping at the local JD or CIH dealers. And he'll make one up for them at midnight if they need it, and they often do.

Me, I just go in the back and make my own, then bring it up front and throw it on the counter. He gives me good prices and no assembly charges :D

/ Hydraulic return line question. #28  
JSharp said:
My son runs an auto parts store that sells hose and fittings plus does hose assmbly. A lot of the local farmers use them and have been happy enough vs. shopping at the local JD or CIH dealers. And he'll make one up for them at midnight if they need it, and they often do.

Me, I just go in the back and make my own, then bring it up front and throw it on the counter. He gives me good prices and no assembly charges :D

Some auto stores do hoses and do a good job. Napa stores do hoses because they have to, it's in their store contract. Some of them see an opportunity and do a fantastic job, others see it as a nuisance and don't want to do it.

Some hose shops offer 24/7 hose service as me and my buddy do. I've done hoses for paving opoerations and snow plows at all times of the night and weekends. During snowstorms, I just spend the night in the shop. The plows pull uip front and blow the horn to wake me up. I open the big overhead door, they drive in, i change the hose for them and give them a cup of coffee. Only thing I ever ask is that they check the hose before they leave by plowing the driveway.;) Gets them everytime.

I love it when my competitors add on an assembly charge. Charging for assembly, in my opinion, is ridiculous. It's like the auto garage tacking on an extra charge because he had to use tools.

/ Hydraulic return line question. #29  
Wayne County Hose said:
Some auto stores do hoses and do a good job. Napa stores do hoses because they have to, it's in their store contract. Some of them see an opportunity and do a fantastic job, others see it as a nuisance and don't want to do it.

Some hose shops offer 24/7 hose service as me and my buddy do. I've done hoses for paving opoerations and snow plows at all times of the night and weekends. During snowstorms, I just spend the night in the shop. The plows pull uip front and blow the horn to wake me up. I open the big overhead door, they drive in, i change the hose for them and give them a cup of coffee. Only thing I ever ask is that they check the hose before they leave by plowing the driveway.;) Gets them everytime.

I love it when my competitors add on an assembly charge. Charging for assembly, in my opinion, is ridiculous. It's like the auto garage tacking on an extra charge because he had to use tools.

You're right, people buying the hose and fittings don't expect to be charged for the 10 minute job of putting a hose together and they shouldn't.

You'll do well if you service your customers as you say. Both the local Napa and my son's store make hoses but he's the only one that'll make one for you anytime.

It pays off in business during normal hours. People you get out of a bind don't soon forget you helped them... ;)

/ Hydraulic return line question. #30  
I just checked Surplus Center: (Not taking away from Wayne, just an example of fair pricing)

1" Hose x 36" NPT Male 2-wire = $29 plus shipping.

Surplus Center Item Detail

Wayne, please get that website fully functional. I'm sure your business will increase. I'll bookmark, since you are in PA shipping is probably just a day or two to Maryland.