Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves?

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015

Would anyone know of availability of the 7241-A type couplers available with the break-away type sleeves on the female?
I'm particularly interested in the 3/8" size 7241 type A. I believe these would be considered push to connect/pull to disconnect type.

Edit: This would be the type that is normally mounted in a "bulkhead" bracket of some sort.

This is what a typical "bulkhead" might look like:

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #2  
The bracket clamps onto the female's locking ring making it a break away connection. you have to pull the tractor hose reward to plug in the male coupler.

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves?
I was looking for the type with the two-way sleeve for one handed plug-in and removal. I understand that the regular one-way sleeve allows for break-away when mounted in a bracket.

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #4  
IS there a reason you want ISO-7241 fittings and not the typical AG 5675 fittings??

The make tips are cheap....so swapping to the 5675's are easy.

The bracket you list says it works for 1/2" body ag-type (the 5675's). I am not sure the compatibility with 7241's or whether the OD is the same on the female fitting to make it work.

ANY typical coupling (even air hose couplings you have in the shop) can be a breakaway coupling if it is mounted by the sleeve. Because the act of pulling on the male fitting....with the female sleeve clamped....releases the fitting.

The issue becomes the two-way sleeve. The two way sleeve does NOT gain you breakaway over the standard sleeve. But what it DOES gain you is the ability to push the fitting in to connect without having to actually grab the hose behind the mount and pull it outward.

Not saying they dont exist, but I have only ever seen 2-way sleeves with the 5675 ag-type fittings.

In your link to the clamp from summit.....they list that clamp compatable with 4050 and 4250 pioneer couplers. (4000-series in 1/2" and 4200 series in 1/2"). Of those....the 4000 series is one way sleeve and the 4200 series is 2-way that you want. And the 8200 series is also a push-pull 2-way sleeve but a connect under pressure fitting that is more $$$

Napa can even get the 4250 female fittings. They are about $25 for the male fitting. vp42504 is the part number for napa

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #5  
Push-pull are common in 1/2" size. I'm not sure who makes them in 3/8". I've been around this junk all my life and spent much of it at tractor dealership parts and service departments. Can't say I've ever seen 3/8" push pulls. They do have advantages, I wish you luck.

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #6  
Push-pull are common in 1/2" size. I'm not sure who makes them in 3/8". I've been around this junk all my life and spent much of it at tractor dealership parts and service departments. Can't say I've ever seen 3/8" push pulls. They do have advantages, I wish you luck.
Have you seen the push-pull type in anything other than the 5675's (ag couplers). He is asking about 7241's (sot sure series A or B).

That is a good catalog for couplers.

The only ones I see with 2-way sleeves are 4200 series, 8200 series (connect under pressure) and 8400 series Also connect under pressure.

All of those are the ISO 5675's. But you CAN get the 4200 series in 3/8" body. But might have to make your own clamping mechanism to house the coupler because they dont show one that I saw

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #7  
Faster does list a couple options compatible with the 7241-A 3/8" couplings.

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves?
The reason I'm looking for the 7241-1 A series is I started with them several years ago and all my hydraulics are equipped with it. The reason I started with them is that the 3/8" female couplers fit side by side directly into a small directional control valve used for tractor remote hydraulics.

Now I'm looking at adding remotes to my Mahindra also and considering mounting the female coupers in a bracket to make implement hookups quicker and easier. Another thing I've considered is modifying or making new sleeves for the 7241's to convert them to push/pull. Wondering if the sleeves could be made out of delrin to avoid stainless steel or plating in order to avoid rust?

Will investigate the Faster brand to get prices and whether they offer mountings for the push/pull type. Thanks for that link!

/ Hydraulic Quick Couplers With Push/pull Breakaway Sleeves? #10  
The reason I'm looking for the 7241-1 A series is I started with them several years ago and all my hydraulics are equipped with it. The reason I started with them is that the 3/8" female couplers fit side by side directly into a small directional control valve used for tractor remote hydraulics.

Now I'm looking at adding remotes to my Mahindra also and considering mounting the female coupers in a bracket to make implement hookups quicker and easier. Another thing I've considered is modifying or making new sleeves for the 7241's to convert them to push/pull. Wondering if the sleeves could be made out of delrin to avoid stainless steel or plating in order to avoid rust?

Will investigate the Faster brand to get prices and whether they offer mountings for the push/pull type. Thanks for that link!
Same reason I used the same style and size (3/8") on my loader valve.

Check their website, they may have something that fits exactly what you need. I just did a quick search and found those two options.