hydraulic hose?

/ hydraulic hose? #1  

yanmars

Platinum Member
For several days as I exited the ramp on the interstate I saw a hose laying in the side ditch. I left it there in case someone that lost it would pick it up. The clean up crew would probably pick it up Monday and it would be gone. So today I picked it up. Unsure what it is. A black hose, about 5/8 inch in diameter I would guess. Nearly 100 feet long with a female end on each end. It says 4000 psi and a bit later 16000 psi. Also temp up to 248 F.
Thinking it is some type of high pressure hydraulic hose, for what purpose I have no idea. Any guesses? I really do not know how to post photos so I did not take a picture.

/ hydraulic hose? #3  
It’s probably a pressure washer hose.

Last edited:
   / hydraulic hose?
thanks

/ hydraulic hose? #5  
Are there any other markings on the hose?

Like others suspect pressure washer.

/ hydraulic hose? #7  
For several days as I exited the ramp on the interstate I saw a hose laying in the side ditch. I left it there in case someone that lost it would pick it up. The clean up crew would probably pick it up Monday and it would be gone. So today I picked it up. Unsure what it is. A black hose, about 5/8 inch in diameter I would guess. Nearly 100 feet long with a female end on each end. It says 4000 psi and a bit later 16000 psi. Also temp up to 248 F.
Thinking it is some type of high pressure hydraulic hose, for what purpose I have no idea. Any guesses? I really do not know how to post photos so I did not take a picture.

If it was a high pressure hydraulic hose it would have the 4/6/8/10/12 or 16
size markings and would have 2 wire, 4 wire or 6 wire braiding indicating the
number of woven steel layers between the innermost layer of rubber and the
skin on outer sheath of the hose as well.
If it has a marking of 16,000 PSIG it is very likely that it is a 6 wire braid hose
and very, very, very expensive as it has 7 layers of rubber sandwiched between
6 woven layers of steel braid reinforcement

It may be worth your while to put an advert in the local pennysaver saying you
found a hydraulic hose with female connectors near the --- exit on interstate -----
and you may very well receive a welcome phone call and a reward as
the replacement cost of a single high pressure hose with quick connectors like this
can reach thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
   / hydraulic hose? #8  
When I was a lineman, my truck had reels on the rear bumper with 100' lengths of high pressure hydraulic hose. It powered the butt puller, a large hydraulic cylinder that was used to pull utility pole butts out of the ground. More than once, one of the hoses came off the reel while in transit.

That may be what it is.