Hydraulic Fluid

/ Hydraulic Fluid #1  

frankm215

Tractor
Bobcat 2025
Newby question here. While removing the front loader arms off my 2025 one of the hydraulic hoses (the one with the yellow cap) didn’t close completely as I removed it and I lost about a cup of fluid. In reading the owner’s manual it doesn’t specifically distinguishes between transmission and hydraulic fluid and there’s only mention of one filler hole (p. 168). Is it all one and the same or is there a separate filler hole for the hydraulic fluid?

TIA

IMG_3104.JPG

/ Hydraulic Fluid #2  
Most tractors use the hydraulic fluid as transmission fluid. Transmission, rear end and hydraulics (including power steering) it's all the same and share the same reservoir, in this case, the transmission housing.

There a few done different but that's irrelevant in this case.

I doubt you'll noticed any change on the level of fluid even after the small amount it lost as the tractor holds something like 8 to 10 gal of fluid.

/ Hydraulic Fluid
Most tractors use the hydraulic fluid as transmission fluid. Transmission, rear end and hydraulics (including power steering) it's all the same and share the same reservoir, in this case, the transmission housing.

There a few done different but that's irrelevant in this case.

I doubt you'll noticed any change on the level of fluid even after the small amount it lost as the tractor holds something like 8 to 10 gal of fluid.

Thanks!!

/ Hydraulic Fluid #4  
ya you should have a eyes glass to see your level it can be hard to see if full (most likely the case) and when your oil is newer its pretty clear, if you put your tractor on a decline front wheel down check it then put it back level and you will see the difference.

1658862671851.png

/ Hydraulic Fluid
ya you should have a eyes glass to see your level it can be hard to see if full (most likely the case) and when your oil is newer its pretty clear, if you put your tractor on a decline front wheel down check it then put it back level and you will see the difference.

View attachment 755876

I’ve inspected my 2025 pretty thoroughly and have yet to see something like this but I’ll check again.

Thanks!