Hydraulic fluid

/ Hydraulic fluid #1  

oafdawg

Tractor
Mahindra Max 28
I'm having a tough time trying to find what type of hydraulic oil to run in my Max 28. The closest Mahindra dealer is over 60 miles away and I can't get a straight answer to which fluid would be compatible. Has anyone used Harvest King Premium Universal Tractor Trans-Hydraulic Fluid in their Mahindra without screwing things up?

/ Hydraulic fluid #2  
In Ohio you must have a New Holland or CaseIH dealer in reasonable distance just get their Hytran fluid and you would be well covered.
Or go green and get Hygard fluid.

/ Hydraulic fluid #4  
I've always used Shell in my Max 26xl. Typically from Tractor Supply because its close and always available. Screenshot_20200723-014812_Photos.jpeg

/ Hydraulic fluid #5  
The local TS generally doesn’t have it in stock. Way less expensive then the Mahindra. It’s listed as equivalent to shell Donax and Spirax S4

/ Hydraulic fluid #6  
I will be going with Schaeffer 315 Simplex Supreme in my 2638.

/ Hydraulic fluid #7  
Not sure if you have a NAPA auto parts store nearby, but I was able to get Chevron 1000 from them. I have a MAX 22 and it was listed as an OEM equivalent as already stated by doneill127. I had to special order it, but it arrived in a few days. Was a lot easier than driving to the dealer which is about 60 miles away for me also.

/ Hydraulic fluid #8  
have them order it into the store and pick it up.

/ Hydraulic fluid #9  
I had a neighbor/client that worked for Shell as a petroleum engineer.
Oil is oil.
Hydraulic is the cheapest cut.
Many products have simply specified non detergent oil for hydraulics.
The neighbor friend always ran his backhoe on SAE 30 non detergent, and that for some 20 years.

/ Hydraulic fluid #10  
I'm not a Mahindra Owner... but if you have access to Schaeffer products as Birdhunter1 mentioned... I would high recommend them.... after using their product I wouldn't switch back....