Hydraulic Fluid Choices

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #11  
   / Hydraulic Fluid Choices #12  
I'm in the same boat as the original poster, I'm going to be doing my first service soon. My issue is I live in Central Texas where the summer gets Hot and the winters maybe down in the teens. I'm looking for a good Full Synthetic fluid that'll hold up to the High summer temperatures.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #13  
Chevron makes a full synthetic, of course Amsoil and Lucas has been mentioned, I'm running a para-synthetic Cen-Pe-Co multi purpose fluid which has worked out well for me.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #14  
Most farmers around us just use Chevron Delo - 400 15-40
I have used it for years in many machines and it holds up good.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #15  
Most farmers around us just use Chevron Delo - 400 15-40
I have used it for years in many machines and it holds up good.
Not for hydraulics, they may be using it for engine oil.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #16  
Who said hydraulics?
Im talking the engine, because if you put delo 400 in your tranny.
You will have more than a screw loose...

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #17  
Who said hydraulics?
Well, if it wasn't for the wet brakes and wet clutches, it would work just as good. The HST wouldn't care. Lots of excavators, skidsteers and other hydraulic driven machines run straight 15W40.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #18  
Who said hydraulics?
Well what is the threads title?

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #19  
My mistake, must be that old age creeping up on me....
1714564419703.png

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #20  
Chevron makes a full synthetic, of course Amsoil and Lucas has been mentioned, I'm running a para-synthetic Cen-Pe-Co multi purpose fluid which has worked out well for me.
As I said previously, I do use a synthetic Amsoil hydro fluid. I'm looking for the operating temp range I need, which dictates a synthetic fluid for my specific use here.

The only down side to using the Amsoil is that I did notice the hydro makes a bit more noise now than it did with whatever fluid the dealer had used at the 50 hr. It's not deafening, not as bad as some of the youtube videos I've watched with gpoutdoors and his little kubota (as a comparison). That thing is deafening (just trying to find a common comparison, not trying to bash the little kubotas guys).

So I consider that a small price to pay for the year round functionality I need. But I know some guys would probably put their princess panties on their heads and light them on fire if their trans had any whine to it (sorry, humor I know is "verboten" when guys get wrapped up in the "gear vs. hydro" wars - I mean threads on TBN).