Hydraulic filter for 3510i

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
Like most folks, I'm having trouble finding parts. The dealers that were nearby (kinda) have closed and been replaced by trailer companies selling a few tractors. They carry NO parts for my tractor. I really need a hydraulic filter, but hate to order one, wait, and pay shipping. I read about the problems others have with non Branson filters, but wonder if there are any that will work that I can pick up locally. I can get a Baldwin BT372-10 locally, but don't know if it will also cause problems. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #2  
Since this is an inlet filter for the pump I don't believe anyone has found an aftermarket interchange that works. I don't know what the micron ratings are on the Branson but suspect they are at least 20 micron or more. Is the -10 the micron rating on the Baldwin? If yes possibly look to see if they offer a - 20 or -25. These may work but no guaranty expressed or implied.

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #3  
Like most folks, I'm having trouble finding parts. The dealers that were nearby (kinda) have closed and been replaced by trailer companies selling a few tractors. They carry NO parts for my tractor. I really need a hydraulic filter, but hate to order one, wait, and pay shipping. I read about the problems others have with non Branson filters, but wonder if there are any that will work that I can pick up locally. I can get a Baldwin BT372-10 locally, but don't know if it will also cause problems. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

That filter works, but in colder weather can cause the pump to cavitate. Branson actually used the BT372-10 for a while as the recommended filter, and then changed when they started having issues in colder weather. I still have a stack of them. I think the Branson filter has a different micron rating and maybe a different by-pass rating. Just guessing, I'm no filter expert.

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i
That filter works, but in colder weather can cause the pump to cavitate. Branson actually used the BT372-10 for a while as the recommended filter, and then changed when they started having issues in colder weather. I still have a stack of them. I think the Branson filter has a different micron rating and maybe a different by-pass rating. Just guessing, I'm no filter expert.

Thanks for the input. That's the best info I've seen posted anywhere. How much would,that filter be shipped to me in zip code 30101?
Thanks,
Terry Nunn

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i
Do yours still sell Branson's and Branson parts?

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #6  
I have a '09 3510i. I'll give you my .02 worth. I did the research for my 50 hour service and purchased a quality wix filter that was supposed to be a replacement. Although hydraulics seemed to work "ok", the pump had a slight whine to it (see my post a few threads down, 3/17). Long story short, I purchased a Branson filter and problem solved. IMHO, find the closest dealer possible and get the filter shipped to you. You can't go wrong.

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #7  
Thanks for the input. That's the best info I've seen posted anywhere. How much would,that filter be shipped to me in zip code 30101?
Thanks,
Terry Nunn

I'm sorry Terry, I did not see this post. Best to call our parts department and they can UPS filters to you, no problem. I'll pm you. We stock Branson parts. With FedEx and UPS, even if you lost your local dealer, you parts are just an email/call away and a couple days later at your doorstep. A more local dealer will have cheaper shipping and quicker shipping, so it still makes sense to stay as local as possible.

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #8  
My dealer is about 50 miles away. I call and they get the part and ship it. On peculiar parts you may have to wait for it to come from Korea which will take about a couple of weeks. But otherwise you can have it as fast as you want to pay shipping. I understand there are warehouses in California and Plainview (in the panhandle of) Texas. I was mowing a couple of years ago and my drum mower threw a rock into my right cab door shattering the glass. I had one UPS in less than a week. The distributor in Plainview had 7 in stock.

For faster service, if your dealer doesn't have your part, have them drop ship it directly from the dist. center to you rather than double ship from them to the dealer and dealer to you.

HTH,
Mark

/ Hydraulic filter for 3510i #9  
Ironically many manufacturers are now instituting a huge drop ship fee, like $50. They are doing this to try to drive parts business to the local dealers as opposed to some guy with a laptop and no inventory just drop shipping filters. And it forces the local dealers to stock items that should be stocked.

I think they will fail with this strategy. We are all getting too used to going to Amazon, clicking once and 2 days later having our item.

I have mixed feelings. I think a better strategy is to surcharge dealers that do not stock adequate parts, but not the dealers that keep good inventory. But they don't ask me.....