hyd shuttle adj inquiry on Mxx40 series

/ hyd shuttle adj inquiry on Mxx40 series
I'll take issue with your statement. It plainly states in both the owners manuals for my M9 and 105 Hydraulic shuttle's that 'half clutch' operation is acceptable. Now if you refer to 'riding the clutch' as in resting your foot on it and just depressing it, I'll buy that, but, the hydraulic clutch design is unaffected by partial engagement or disengagement, thats what it's designed for. My M9 has well in the excess of 2500 hours on it and the 105 is over 1000 and neither have had any issues with the hydraulic clutches and I 'ride' the pedal all the time, fact of operation with a loader tractor. Thats why I got the hydraulic shuttle option over a dry clutch in both units.

The only thing you will get is heat and thats removed by the oil cooler out front of the radiator.

actually,you're probably right on that looking at the info provided in this thread, so my old school notion of ridin' the clutch may not apply. but i mainly posted to explain the cable adjustment procedure. best regards

/ hyd shuttle adj inquiry on Mxx40 series #22  
It's why you get the optional hydraulic shuttle versus a dry clutch. That dry clutch don't take feathering well and it's a split to replace. Like I said previously, the 'weak link' if you will in the hydraulic shuttle system is the dampener between the output spline on the flywheel and the the input spline in the transmission case, which is why directional changes are modulated with the flow control valving to be 'soft'. A hard directional change puts undue shock loads on the dampener and cause it to fail.... and that also means a spit to replace. The dampener is the weak link in the system but should never be an issue so long as the valving is modulating correctly and another reason why I always warm up my units in the winter, just like I did this morning when I filled the cattle feeders with rounds. Cold fluid don't flow as well and can be a modulation issue.

Besides, I like a warm cab in a blizzard....

I need to install a remote start so I can fire one of them up from the house...lol

/ hyd shuttle adj inquiry on Mxx40 series
It's why you get the optional hydraulic shuttle versus a dry clutch. That dry clutch don't take feathering well and it's a split to replace. Like I said previously, the 'weak link' if you will in the hydraulic shuttle system is the dampener between the output spline on the flywheel and the the input spline in the transmission case, which is why directional changes are modulated with the flow control valving to be 'soft'. A hard directional change puts undue shock loads on the dampener and cause it to fail.... and that also means a spit to replace. The dampener is the weak link in the system but should never be an issue so long as the valving is modulating correctly and another reason why I always warm up my units in the winter, just like I did this morning when I filled the cattle feeders with rounds. Cold fluid don't flow as well and can be a modulation issue.

Besides, I like a warm cab in a blizzard....

I need to install a remote start so I can fire one of them up from the house...lol

interesting read. again, started this thread on how to adjust this mechanism...not an attempt to dispute its design. originally my purchasing the hyd shuttle was a no brainer for the reasons you've already stated..... stay warm!

Last edited: