HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #11  
I think you're confused on a couple of different fronts. First of all, the 5902 valve plate doesn't have power beyond simply by virtue of three ports. The 4902 is also for power beyond, it merely forces you to find a third (sump) port somewhere else. Should one choose to ignore that, connect another valve in the series without that (and only two lines), you take your chances. Yes, many systems are set up that way and there are those who claim theirs works great like that. Fine. I don't do it that way.

Secondly, yes you do need the power beyond sleeve (which obviously your valve source rep didn't mention) in order for the three point to work properly. Third, the pressure "in" port on your loader valve is on the other side. The side where the relief valve is located. Right now you're plumbed into and out of the same port. You don't know that yet because you haven't actually put any oil through it. One more thing, you have a relief valve in the pump, and don't need the one in the valve. Loosen the nut, and screw the stem in a few turns to make sure it's set higher than the tractor system, or it might relieve at a lower pressure and affect performance.

Also, the parts list gives a pretty good description of the O rings you're looking for.

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #12  
I think you're confused on a couple of different fronts. First of all, the 5902 valve plate doesn't have power beyond simply by virtue of three ports. The 4902 is also for power beyond, it merely forces you to find a third (sump) port somewhere else. Should one choose to ignore that, connect another valve in the series without that (and only two lines), you take your chances. Yes, many systems are set up that way and there are those who claim theirs works great like that. Fine. I don't do it that way.

Secondly, yes you do need the power beyond sleeve (which obviously your valve source rep didn't mention) in order for the three point to work properly. Third, the pressure "in" port on your loader valve is on the other side. The side where the relief valve is located. Right now you're plumbed into and out of the same port. You don't know that yet because you haven't actually put any oil through it. One more thing, you have a relief valve in the pump, and don't need the one in the valve. Loosen the nut, and screw the stem in a few turns to make sure it's set higher than the tractor system, or it might relieve at a lower pressure and affect performance.

Also, the parts list gives a pretty good description of the O rings you're looking for.

Harry,

If you look at his last picture in post #4 you will see he does have it plumbed properly. I was confused at first as well. Looking at the instructions that came with his adapter plate it clearly mentions Power Beyond and has the ports marked.

So is there something else we are missing?

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #13  
Yes. I missed the pressure line, thinking the port with the plug was the only one on that side.

What's missing is the power beyond sleeve. All that's there is a fitting now. Both ports are joined internally and connected to sump. Hence no pressure to lift system. At least that's my take on it.

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100
Sleeve is coming on Saturday. In the meantime I have to tidy up the hoses and massage a few things.

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #15  
I also have the HV5902 and I'm working on getting it installed on my 961 Ford with a loader and a Cross BA 2 spool control valve. Did your sleeve correct the issue? I just ordered one for my Cross valve tonight.

It did. In this valve though, there isn't a sleeve per se. Just a small plug that redirects the flow. Been working excellent since then.

IMG_20220729_202759630.jpg
IMG_20220729_202739097.jpg
IMG_20220729_202658224.jpg

So this is about where I'll end things. It really worked out great in the end. I made up some mounting tabs and that keeps the hoses in place and free from binding anywhere. I also did add an additional tab behind the valve and tied it in there. Super sturdy now.

Thanks to everyone here who helped me get this together, and I hope this helps out others doing the same thing.

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #18  
It did. In this valve though, there isn't a sleeve per se. Just a small plug that redirects the flow. Been working excellent since then.

brokuly, what do you mean by "small plug"? I'm going thru the same PB Sleeve issues and could use a few pictures of the plug you used and your hose routing. TIA, Chris​

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #19  
I am a little confused by the pictures and setup. Did you remove the rear remotes? What is the 3rd spool used for on the loader?

/ HV5902 installation guide on my Ford 4100 #20  
I use a similar kit for my front loader, less part only a plate, it was a kit with the 2 remote valves. The plate is equiped also with a hole if you want auxiliary ram on the 3 point linkage. Result is the same as yours. I buy the kit in 2022 for around 550$USD

Attachments

• plaque.jpg
    plaque.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 58