Hurlimann H 490 A

/ Hurlimann H 490 A #1  

Moscow_Wolf

Background: I am an Englishman living in Bulgaria. A couple of years ago, I bought a Hurlimann H 490 A for my agricultural work and mainly because I had a German guy working it and for me who could obviously find information about the vehicle in his native German language. However, he has now left and I am left with this big green monster that I know basically nothing about. Before the German left, he said something about the Clutch going, but I thought he was referring to the PTO.

I recently started this tractor and used it as a workhorse towing a trailer to collect firewood and noticed that the clutch pedal was releasing only when I completely removed my boot off the pedal and sometimes, didn't want to engage and I could also smell burning.

Now, I don't pretend to be a mechanical engineer, I am 64 years of age and having to learn a lot of things as I go along albeit, I thought that Google being my Friend, I would be able to find a workshop manual, an operator's manual in English, but so far, I have found completely zilch except a few YouTube clips showing the tractors operating and even one in Italian language. It is so bad that we don't even know where to fill it with oil and so being unsure, we (me and my Bulgarian helper) filled it through the dipstick hole to be on the safe side.

So, I guess you know where this is leading - can anyone PLEASE steer me to a link where I might be able to read, download and/or purchase English language Operator/Service Manuals? I know that Hurlimann is now a part of a large group including Lamborghini and many others so which is the nearest if not identical models under different manufacturing names that I may be able to use to glean much needed information?

Is changing a clutch on such a tractor beyond the capabilities of layman and his Mate out in the open without anything more than a set of tools, jacks etc. or, would you highly recommend taking it to a tractor service mechanic?

In the meantime, I still have my Soviet UMZ to fall back on.

I know this Forum is huge so I hope that someone can offer some much appreciated assistance.

Many thanks in advance.

/ Hurlimann H 490 A #2  
Hurlimann is part of the SLH group, in Italy, namely SAME... I would contact them and try to get a manual for your tractor.

Replacing the clutch means the tractor will have to be split, it's pretty straight forward work for a mechanic...

SR

/ Hurlimann H 490 A
Hurlimann is part of the SLH group, in Italy, namely SAME... I would contact them and try to get a manual for your tractor.

Replacing the clutch means the tractor will have to be split, it's pretty straight forward work for a mechanic...

SR

Many thanks for your input and advice. I had heard about splitting the tractor and it scares the crap out of me. I must look to see if there are any YouTube films depicting such. How does one support two halves of a tractor - I haven't a clue. :eek:

/ Hurlimann H 490 A #4  
Normally, there are steel stands for holding the halves up, and at least one has wheels on it, as half of the tractor has to be rolled away from the other half.

SR