HUNTERS BEWARE!!!

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I know this is not tractor related, but I also know that a good deal of us are hunters. Yesterday when I got into a tree stand for bow hunting behind my house. I noticed something in a tree about 20yds. away that was not there the day before. I got the binocs. out and could only make out a cylinder and some wires so I dismissed it as something the kids dragged out and left there. When I got out of the stand I went to check it out and to my surprise It was a bomb!! It was a propane cyl. with a timer and batteries taped to it! I called 911 and the officer who came out was shocked, he immediately called in the bomb squad. They had seven cop cars, two vans (one with the bomb trailer) two fire trucks and one ambulance. They tried to use the robot, but it could not get down into the woods and so they had to explode it in the woods with a water cannon and then shoot the propane cyl. Boy talk about an operation. All because some PETA anti-hunter doesnÕt like hunting. The thing is it has to be someone who lives near by. This is all private land, not state land. At least no one got hurt. I still canÕt believe that someone will endanger someone else for their so called cause. My kids play back there as well. I hoe that the police find them and lock them up with the true animals that stalk this country. The police have had other problems with this in the park where they shoot deer at night to thin the herd. Now they think that it maybe the same group. So be careful, there are a lot of kooks out there!

Von

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #2  
Wow Von, that's something! Glad no one was hurt... was this on your land?

msig.gif

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!!
Mahammad,
No, this is on the land right behind mine. I have permission to hunt there from the owner. It is about 60yds. from my lot line and about 200yds. from my house.

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #4  
Wow, that's rather close to home...

msig.gif

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #5  
There are some serious KOOKS out there. A couple of years ago I encountered a group of anti-hunting types while deer hunting the state land across the road from my place. They followed me out of the woods back to my place shouting all kinds of interesting obsenities at me, but they didn't realize I had a cell phone and had called the DNR and local police. They even followed me onto my property, where the local sheriff was kind enough to arrest them for trespassing. And yes I did press charges. Just gotta be careful out there.

I can't believe somebody actually put a bomb like that so close to your home, or anyone's home for that matter. That' just plain wrong. I don't care how much anyone likes or dislikes hunters.

Bob Pence

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #6  
Von, we have had problems with booby traps in the woods around in this part of the country in the past. They had been put up to keep people away from illegal operations or as a warning to the operators that someone was around. This was out in the national forest and on private land that is remote. I think that some were found out on the back side of my father's place a year or so before I moved back. One of the most common were fishing hooks place on mono line about face to chest high. There was also different types of trip wires. Just goes to show you always need to be careful even on land you know..... I hope they find the people who set the bomb.... Be sure to let us know what else happens....

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #7  
A man and his son were shot near here about a week ago. They were hunting on thier own 400 acres. Someone had started a pot farm on a remote part of these peoples propery. This man and his son happened upon it, and were shot. The man was 40ish, the son just 8 years old.

This guy had a 4 year old with him too. The two suspects told the 4 year old to go back to the cabin, and then shot the second boy and father. The son I belive is still in the hospital in serious condition.

Imagine being on you own property, with two you children, and somone shooting you and your child!

Amazingly, maybe out of guilt, the suspects helped the man and his son back to thier pickup, and left them. They guy laid on the horn and got the attention of his brother, who was now with the panicked four year old.

they did catch one of the guys. The guy had a heart attck while being transferred from one jail to another; no one felt much sympathy

This was outside of Placerville California(north state).

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #9  
Robert, you've just named the reason we moved out of NorCal!
Not the particular incident that you mentioned, but the pervasive atmosphere in the northwest of the state brought about by pot growers. There have been too many people killed by booby traps, shootings, etc. for wandering near some hidden pot garden on state, federal, or illicite gardens on someones private property. It even occurs annually on State Parks land!

/ HUNTERS BEWARE!!! #10  
This is nuts, here your just minding your own business and some nut is trying to blow you up??? Do you think this was met for you, or do other people hunt in this same area?
We have had some of these nuts up here attacking the mink farms. They let them all out and then they starve to death or get run over on the road,they sure save them mink. + they destroyed his poor guys business.
Rich