Huber maintainer-anyone got one?

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #1  

Gods Country

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar sc2400 TLD, 1989 Ford 2120 with loader
Anyone familiar with the old Huber Maintainers?

She's a bit of a bear to run, but she's done a lot of hard work for me.
Thanks to my FIL giving us this machine she really helped tame our lane and build an alternate 1/4 mile lane, which is now easily maintained with our SCUT.

I was leveling a piece for a pole barn in the pic.
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1575.jpg

On a side note any one know a good place to look for basic tune up parts?
Mainly ignition related.....Napa?

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #2  
Nice.
That would be priceless to have if needing to maintain a gravel road. Or for leveling job like you are doing. :)

What is the engine? A continental?

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one?
Nice.
That would be priceless to have if needing to maintain a gravel road. Or for leveling job like you are doing. :)

It's been incredibly handy.
Just hope she keeps running.:thumbsup:

What is the engine? A continental?

Yes indeed.

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #4  
Cool little Mini-grader

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #5  
Haven't seen one of those for awhile. There used to be one around here back in the 80's. What kind of engine does yours have? I've seen them with Ford engines.

Haven't seen one of those for awhile. There used to be one around here back in the 80's. What kind of engine does yours have? I've seen them with Ford engines.

It has a Continental engine model 92010

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #7  
Several Paving companies around these parts cherish these old girls.......more of a material spreader than grader as far as toughness.....

I've rebuilt may cyls from these and 1 we modified for hyd steering from scratch.....IIRC the manual steering gearbox was junk beyond repair and obsolete......after the mods you could steer it with 1 finger....

Some folks will spend lots of money to keep them up....

Nice machine Gods Country:thumbsup:

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #8  
Just realized I've never seen one with a cab.....might be great for a nice restoration project for you:thumbsup:

Several Paving companies around these parts cherish these old girls.......more of a material spreader than grader as far as toughness.....

I've rebuilt may cyls from these and 1 we modified for hyd steering from scratch.....IIRC the manual steering gearbox was junk beyond repair and obsolete......after the mods you could steer it with 1 finger....

Some folks will spend lots of money to keep them up....

Nice machine Gods Country:thumbsup:

This tractor is pretty tough. I moved a lot of fresh earth/clay with it.
It's not a dozer, but it''ll get the job done.

It steers real easy, surprising as that may seem.

The engine has been rebuilt so hopefully it will last a few more years.

Just realized I've never seen one with a cab.....might be great for a nice restoration project for you:thumbsup:

I would like to fix the cab some, and giver her a fresh paint job.

/ Huber maintainer-anyone got one? #10  
Do you want to come over and do my cabin road ? I shouldn't be to far of a drive it is in pennsylvania.

When I was a kid the guy at the end of the road had one with a 8 cylinder engine in it but it only ran on 4 cylinders and the other 4 were was an air compressor like the schramm tag a longs being ford 300 straight sixes.

tom