How would you handle this neighbor issue?

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #121  
Hello Robert,

I have read many of your post over the years and know you are a very level headed person. I think you are correct in the way you are handling the situation.

I too would like to see pictures of your harvest:thumbsup:

David

David beat me to it and wrote almost word for word what I was going to write, so I'm just going to copy his post and say I agree 100%!!!

Eddie

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue?
EddieWalker said:
David beat me to it and wrote almost word for word what I was going to write, so I'm just going to copy his post and say I agree 100%!!!

Eddie

Thank you Eddie, I hope your doing well.

Here is a better view of the trees. Total size is around 1 acre so its not that big of an area but I have no interest in clear cutting them.

ForumRunner_20120513_232150.png

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #124  
Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to write up the process for growing grapes.

Chris

firefighter9208 said:
Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to write up the process for growing grapes.

Chris

Your welcome

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #126  
Your welcome

Yes the write up was very interesting. With all of the hired help with harvesting is their a good profit margin? Assuming mother nature is kind. :D

It always amazes me how much money is tied into harvesting farm products.

Later,
Dan

dmccarty said:
Yes the write up was very interesting. With all of the hired help with harvesting is their a good profit margin? Assuming mother nature is kind. :D

Later,
Dan

Yes, there is a decent profit margin. Around here the very large vineyards already have the workforce on hand. The other big farms usually join together so they share in the equipment and labor without needing to bring much more in.

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #128  
Bought my first house when I was 22 or 23. Had a survey done before I closed really just on recommendation of the realtor. Apparently a previous survey had been incorrect and the propertly line had a new pin installed on one of the 4 corners. Even while I was moving in and nieghbors were bringing goodies or stopping in to introduce themselves, the elder gentlemen's dad from next door (his dad lived on the other side of him) came down and started raising cain with me over the property line and telling me that 8' strip of land was his. I didn't disrepect him, but found the guts to tell him directly that I paid for the survey and that's where they put the pin so unless he wanted to pay for his own survey to confirm it or move it again, I would treat that as my property as long as I lived there.

Funny thing is though that that sliver of land was nothing but unusable hillside and I had to tend to it all the years I lived there with a weedeater. Who was the smart one? Maybe the old-timer.

I have gotten a survey on every land or home purchase since then. Worth the peace of mind to me.

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #129  
Bought my first house when I was 22 or 23. Had a survey done before I closed really just on recommendation of the realtor. Apparently a previous survey had been incorrect and the propertly line had a new pin installed on one of the 4 corners. Even while I was moving in and nieghbors were bringing goodies or stopping in to introduce themselves, the elder gentlemen's dad from next door (his dad lived on the other side of him) came down and started raising cain with me over the property line and telling me that 8' strip of land was his. I didn't disrepect him, but found the guts to tell him directly that I paid for the survey and that's where they put the pin so unless he wanted to pay for his own survey to confirm it or move it again, I would treat that as my property as long as I lived there.

Funny thing is though that that sliver of land was nothing but unusable hillside and I had to tend to it all the years I lived there with a weedeater. Who was the smart one? Maybe the old-timer.

I have gotten a survey on every land or home purchase since then. Worth the peace of mind to me.

:laughing:

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #130  

Later,
Dan

Robert...
I would still like to know your method for controlling mold with such a lush canopy of leaves over the grapes. We Cut ours way back and still get mold as the summer progresses.
Ron

Last edited: