How to stir peanut butter in 30 seconds.

/ How to stir peanut butter in 30 seconds.
One further update here for the crunchy peanut butter lovers, since most real PB seems to be smooth. We get Costco PB smooth, mix as described in the post above--#210--and pour into a bowl. Often two jars.

Then we get some dry roasted peanuts, place in one of those zip-lock plastic bags and pound with a meat hammer unto the size you want. Pour into the bowl of mixed PB and just stir by hand. Pour back into jars and that't all. You'll need more dry roasted peanuts than you think. We use salt-free dry roasted nuts.

It's the best PB I ever had.

Last edited:
And peanut butter is good for you.

/ How to stir peanut butter in 30 seconds. #113  
Take those same dry roasted peanuts, put them in a food processor. Blend until consistency you want. Maybe add more once smooth to get "crunchy".

Take those same dry roasted peanuts, put them in a food processor. Blend until consistency you want. Maybe add more once smooth to get "crunchy".
That works too.

We've been testing that out and a food processor is the way to go but it only works best with smaller amounts of nuts to crush. If you put too many in the food processor, it doesn't work well because it tends to make a lot of small powdery pieces and not so many of the pieces that make it chunky.

Also, blenders don't work. It has to be a food processor.

/ How to stir peanut butter in 30 seconds. #116  
I enjoy mixing the new jars of Teddie smooth unsalted PB with a table knife. It's a challenge to not over run the jar lip with the oil when first starting. The shape of the knife tip is well matched to the bottom contour of the jar.

I get to lick the knife during the process!

After , the jar goes in the fridge, it doesn't re-separate. The wife says there is bad mojo associated with room temperature peanut oil after it is exposed to air. I don't give a care on that regard, but the PB spreads just the way I like it right out of the fridge.

/ How to stir peanut butter in 30 seconds. #117  
Twelve pages of how to stir peanut butter? I'll admit I only read page 1.

One of my kids got a rock tumbler as a present about 10 years ago, and like all kids, it was only ever used once for its intended purpose. Now it sits on a toolbox in the corner of my shop, where it's been repurposed for mixing pipe dope, paint, and any other jar or can small enough to fit into the tumbler. I'd bet it could do a wicked job with peanut butter, if you planned 20 minutes in advance of when you're consuming it.

I enjoy mixing the new jars of Teddie smooth unsalted PB with a table knife. It's a challenge to not over run the jar lip with the oil when first starting. The shape of the knife tip is well matched to the bottom contour of the jar.

I get to lick the knife during the process!

After , the jar goes in the fridge, it doesn't re-separate. The wife says there is bad mojo associated with room temperature peanut oil after it is exposed to air. I don't give a care on that regard, but the PB spreads just the way I like it right out of the fridge.
If you think that's good, do the dough hook and electric drill method mentioned at the start if this thread. It is the best peanut butter I ever ate.

Twelve pages of how to stir peanut butter? I'll admit I only read page 1.

One of my kids got a rock tumbler as a present about 10 years ago, and like all kids, it was only ever used once for its intended purpose. Now it sits on a toolbox in the corner of my shop, where it's been repurposed for mixing pipe dope, paint, and any other jar or can small enough to fit into the tumbler. I'd bet it could do a wicked job with peanut butter, if you planned 20 minutes in advance of when you're consuming it.
Please try the elec drill and dough hook approach. The added air gives a whole other dimension over the stirred or shaken method.

/ How to stir peanut butter in 30 seconds. #120  
Sixdogs is speaking of 100% natural pb, where the oil tends to separate out over time due to the absence of additives found in the processed version, such as hydrogenated vegetable oil.

For me, I confess to being an off-the-shelf Jif Extra Crunchy guy. :licking:

At the risk of starting a flame war among my TBN friends: Natural Peanut Butter Naturally Bad, Says Cook's Illustrated - Chowhound

Now I'm hungry.
I’m a Peter Pan crunchy kind of guy…

Back a while when they had some quality issues I quit buying peanut butter all together! Only recently started buying it again, my celery got lonely!