How to replace a backhoe stabilizer seal

/ How to replace a backhoe stabilizer seal #11  
I open my cylinder up and the problem seal is a small plastic flange piece that I would call a dust seal. It is broken around the outside edge. It is at the end of the shaft where you screw it back together. I assume it has come in contact with a rock or something hard when the stabilizer was retracted? It is just a little larger than a quarter. I attached a picture.
That is not going to be your problem.

That doesnt seal hydraulic fluid....it simply is just a dust seal to protect the main hydraulic seals in the gland. And there are several types......the most common two I have seen are lip seals and simply o-rings.

They would be further down inside the gland cap that seals the gland to the rod. So basically where you got that seal from.....but down inside the cap a little further.

And I have always just taken seals, gland, and rod to a local hydraulic shop and have them simply match them up

/ How to replace a backhoe stabilizer seal
I have always just taken seals, gland, and rod to a local hydraulic shop and have them simply match them up

That may be what I end up doing? I have a small tractor dealer that I plan to visit Monday.

/ How to replace a backhoe stabilizer seal
Cylinder repaired, tractor backhoe back to work! I found a cylinder repair service and he took my and Gland & Piston and put all new seals and o-rings in place and handed it back to me and only charge me $30. I told him to give me another set of seals to go. I have several more cylinders just like that one.