How to evaluate DX24E

/ How to evaluate DX24E #1  

Snowman9000

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 755
I'm going to see a new DX24E with FEL & MMM. I haven't paid much attention to this new model, and lift capacities or flow rates. I do care about usability of 3ph implements, ease of removing & installing FEL & MMM, ease of operation, ease of teaching a teenage operator to mow with it, etc. What would you point to as things I should notice on the DX versus the other brands? Thanks!

-don

/ How to evaluate DX24E #2  
The Case hydraulics and lift capacities are right in line with the competition - a little better in some areas.

The 3ph is a true Cat 1 in width and lifts nice and high - check out how high my tiller is off the ground - can't get that with the BX series without modification. FEL removal and re-attachment is easy, like all the other quick mount/dismount loaders are. This is my first hydrostatic tractor, and man, does it make mowing worlds easier than gear drive tractors. Tranny engagement and disengagement via the foot pedal was much smoother than all 3 Kubota BX machines I test drove.

I haven't detached the mower yet, but I expect it to be the same as all the others as they all have almost exactly the same linkages. One thing the Case has that wasn't pointed out on the Kubota is that the mower deck wheels can be rotated 90* so that when you drop the deck, you just roll it out sideways - I've heard a lot of guys griping about difficulties in having to drag other 60" decks out from underneath with wheels that do not rotate, including my neighbor who owns a BX22.

The slope of the hood on the Case makes for much better visibility much closer in to the front of the machine. And the curved loader arms are really nice to work with, after only ever using machines with the dog-leg styles. Motor seems to be smoother and quieter than the Kubota.

I was able to do side by side comparisons between the Kubota BX series and the NH TZ series (twin to the Case DXE) on 2 dealer lots, and that's what made my decision easier - I went into the whole thing fully expecting to become a Kubota owner, but the Case New Holland subs changed my mind.

See pictures below.

/ How to evaluate DX24E #3  
Bandit,

Love the DX24E pics -- great looking tractor. You should tell your neighbor to read his manual. The anti-scalp wheels on the BX22 MMM do pivot to roll the deck out from under the tractor.

/ How to evaluate DX24E #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm going to see a new DX24E with FEL & MMM. I haven't paid much attention to this new model, and lift capacities or flow rates.

-don )</font>

<font color="black"> Don, I think you will find that lift capacities, hydraulic flow rates, 3pt weight capacities are all going to be fairly comparable between all similar brands. And any of the machines will probably do the job just as well as any other brand.

The deciding factors usually boil down not to functionality of 2, 3 or 4 similar units, but cost and dealer quality. I say that because the functionality of similar machines from different companies is pretty close to the same.

Some people will pick the class of machine they want, pick the trim level of features they want, and then buy the cheapest unit that meets their criteria. Others will add in dealer quality, making sure that they can get good service locally, have parts availability, and are treated well by the dealership, so they might pay a bit more for a brand that offers the added benefits of a great local dealer.

That is not to say that their are not some special advantages of some specific brands. I am an advocate of the New Holland & Farmall curved loader arms those tractors. I use a Kubota B2910 with the traditional dogleg loader arms and a TC24D with the curved loader arms and I can tell you when the 2 are compared side by side, there is absolutely no comparision the steep rake of the curved arms, combined with the sloped and curved hood design gives so much better front visibility that FEL work is faster and easier.

I'm not the most coordinated person, but I can get the FEL off of the TC24 in about 5 minutes, back on in the same amount of time. Many others do it in 2 minutes. But I will say that it is easy to take off and put back on. The TC series from NH and the DX series Farmalls use the same loaders (different colors).

I think you need to look at what tractor fits you better. You will operate a tractor safely if you are comfortable on the machine. So if you try the DX and it feels funny, the go try a different brand. Comfort is a safety factor, it is also something that will help you operate the machine more efficiently. Also look to see if the various controls seem intuitive to you. What may seem logical to me, might seem odd to you. </font>

/ How to evaluate DX24E
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="black"> Don, I think you will find that lift capacities, hydraulic flow rates, 3pt weight capac )</font>

Yeah, I meant to say that I didn't care about comparing the lift capacities and flow rates. Looks like I overdid some editing there in my first post. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But I was wanting to hear your folks opinions about what you think the DX has that is better (or worse). Thanks for the posts.

-Don

/ How to evaluate DX24E #6  
Anyone out there compare the DX24E to the John Deere 2210?

/ How to evaluate DX24E #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone out there compare the DX24E to the John Deere 2210? )</font>

You might want to look in both the New Holland Forum and the John Deere forums. There has been very little discussion about the DX24E, but the New Holland TZ series is virtually identical to the Farmall DX. The headlights are different, the paint color is different, but mechanically they are the same tractor with most/all of the same features. There has been quite a bit of discussion about the new TZ tractors and how they compare to the BX Kubotas and the mini-Deeres.

/ How to evaluate DX24E #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone out there compare the DX24E to the John Deere 2210? )</font>

Yep. And to the Kubota BX2230, and to the Massey GC2300. I chose the DX for the true Cat 1 3ph (which the 2210 and 2230 didn't have), the curved loader arms (which none of the others had), the price, the extra 2hp, and the dealers that I visited. The dealer I purchased from sells the BX2230, the NH TZ24DA, and the DX24E. The Case price fell right between the Kubota and the NH. I liked the Case color and front end better than the NH, so the lower price was icing on the cake.

I borrowed my neighbor's BX22 last Sunday because I needed the backhoe, and I realized how much I like the curved loader arms and sloped hood on the Case when I was doing some loader work with the BX. However, I was very impressed with the rear tire traction that the weight of that little backhoe gives to the BX.

/ How to evaluate DX24E #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Anyone out there compare the DX24E to the John Deere 2210? )</font>

I borrowed my neighbor's BX22 last Sunday because I needed the backhoe, and I realized how much I like the curved loader arms and sloped hood on the Case when I was doing some loader work with the BX.
)</font>
<font color="black">
I've caught some flack for being such a big advocate of the NH & Farmall curved loader arms, but it is nice to hear that someone else, who has worked the curved loader arms side by side with the old dogleg style has the same impression. It is easy to say that the old style is great, until you try the new ones!!!

By the way, I agree with you that the Farmall DX lights look better than the NH style!!! </font>

/ How to evaluate DX24E #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've caught some flack for being such a big advocate of the NH & Farmall curved loader arms, )</font>

Bob,

I think you've been vindicated. After all, not only does NH and Case have the curved loader arms, but Kioti does too now. And didn't I see where JD will have (or already has)some loaders with the curved arms too?

Seems to me that the other manufacturer's are now beginning to say what you've been saying all along. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif