How should I fell the remainder of this tree?

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #11  
My son put countless rounds into a tree trying to "chop it down". Kept him entertained for days.

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #12  
We had a pine that was hit by lightning and died, and was very very dead! I had a couple of ammo cans of 20 ga that were so old the shot was sticking together. We cut every limb off of that pine, then started working on cutting it down about 3 foot off the ground. We really had fun!
David from jax

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #13  
You probably have a pole saw. It's going to want to keep splintering but a pole saw standing off to the side start cutting at arrow. You'll be safe like that, and it won't take long.View attachment 783506
That's what I do, too. Ten or twelve feet sideways is pretty safe. Just stay on the uphill side of the horizontal trunk as it may roll when it falls.

Bruce

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #15  
assuming you are short on equipment ... if me at ground level I would make a very shallow (5%) notch cut under the overhang and then make a very very very slow felling cut.

There is a lot of energy stored in that tree so extreme care is warranted.

if you can get enough cable (longer than length of tree) you could attach a line from the tip of the tree to the tractor on the alternate side you stand to cut and just snug up.

Freehand is very doable but back cut ultra slowly if you are good at reading the trees pressure as you make the backcut.

The idea of a pole saw is fantastic as well and probably safer.

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #16  
I'd either do like M59 & ovrszd wrote or throw a rope/chain over the end (leaving a good 10 ft to the vehicle of choice) and pull the end around with either the Ventrac or the RTV until the end was up against the tree on the right, then pull it back around in the other direction.
Sort of twisting it off.
Then bring it back around, tie it to the tree on the left and cut the end off.

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #17  
This living ash tree fell over and made a nice barber chair in the last storm.

The more that I cut on it now, the more it wants to "stand up" and is making me very nervous.

It may not look like it, but the horizontal part of the tree is about 8 foot off the ground. Any more cutting on it will require me to stand on something.

I'm not happy with any option I can think of.

Any ideas??
Maybe I'm missing something from what I see the tree is pretty much on the ground already, nothing hanging up anywhere, just cut it at the base and it will fall over. End of story

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #18  
   / How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #19  
I would first cut the piece that the arrow is on, then cut where the arrow is pointing.
This living ash tree fell over and made a nice barber chair in the last storm.

The more that I cut on it now, the more it wants to "stand up" and is making me very nervous.

It may not look like it, but the horizontal part of the tree is about 8 foot off the ground. Any more cutting on it will require me to stand on something.

I'm not happy with any option I can think of.

Any ideas??
Ruffdog said it the best way pretty straight forward. Start where the arrow is pointing, and it will fall without issue. yeah, a pole saw would be safer but you dont need it you could cut it with an axe if you want.

/ How should I fell the remainder of this tree? #20  
Mountainbuck,

Cut as most people would by notching close to the ground, at point below the barber poling, at point ninety degrees from point tree is currently leaning. Back cut and tree will fall over on its side.
Of course that bent tree bottom is not going to spring back to sorta straight again??