How much land do you care, how big is your tractor

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
How much land do you care, how big is your tractor, HP size.

KC

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #2  
KC, I think the only way to answer your question so that it benefits you is to have some idea of your intended use. Frankly I have a M9000 90hp 4wd open air tractor and 350 acres of Texas Hill Country which is 80% rock 15% mule and 5% dirt capable of growing crops. I needed the hp for a lot of very difficult tasks that a lesser powered machine would either have trouble with or just couldn't do period but if all I did was plant and till the 10 or less acres that is flat and fertil enough to grow anything on I could probably get by with a 20hp machine. In addition to planting I do a lot of dirt work, run a hydraulic auger and cart around on my loader arms a 1,000lb hydraulic grapple for clearing brush, cedar and picking up and moving large trees and rocks.
Steve

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #3  
I have around 11ac and use a MF-1533. 33hp and around 27hp at the PTO. (pics below)

Not sure what else you would like to know.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #4  
around 600 acres with a M4900

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( around 600 acres with a M4900 )</font>

Show off, lol... I wish I so wish.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #6  
I have a whopping 2.5 acres of large harwood and gigantic pines and my little 21 hp Kioti has done it's share of hard work. I would like to till the flat spots and seed some grass but right now is all about stump pulling. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #7  
I regularly maintain 2, 4, and 5 acres with a CK20HST (21 gross, 15.5 PTO HP), drag tree trunks of huge pines I've cut, bush hog other people's pastures, dig stumps for myself and others, a lot of dirt work with the box blade.

I've continually been amazed at the jobs I'm able to do with such a small tractor. Fortunately, it has a lot of weight for it's size class.

John

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #8  
60 acres and a Kubota M6800.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #9  
30 Acres - 50HP SAME' (got a good deal on it...)

49T&C

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #10  
10 acres of flat grazing land with 30 almond trees in the middle near the house using a 21hp B7510HST with LA302 FEL (about 17hp at the PTO).