How much is that going to cost?

/ How much is that going to cost? #21  
Currently one of the bigger projects around here is a data center……a ten year project with a 9 billion dollar price tag…….

Our company (industrial doors) is a small part of it. Our total contract for the 2 phases that are complete and in process so far are north of a million dollars.

The GC built a 100x100 pole building on-site as temp offices with bathrooms/kitchen/etc to be demolished in about 2 years.

The amount of paperwork/emails/safety/certifications are mind boggling.

1200 tradesman are on-site daily.

All this for “data”……..

/ How much is that going to cost? #24  
In 2006 I did an estimated for a large underground project, the general contractor sent it back to me saying the dollar amount was to high and they had rejected it. They wanted me to adjust the numbers to get the job. They also added two natural gas lines to the joint trench utility. They said to not send them an estimate, but to bid the project.
So I added a little over a million dollars to the original and sent it in as a bid as requested. One backfill spec change added over a million dollars.
Then, I was told to sharpen my pencil and re-bid. I don't like bid shoppers, so I added a couple hundred thousand dollars to it. Waited a day to appear I was reviewing the estimate, then sent the higher dollar bid in.
Found out later I was the only contractor bidding the project.

/ How much is that going to cost? #25  
That happens in our industry as well.
“Budget” shopping……sometimes it pays off.

We’ve been told to add more money for BS/crap location/off hours work.

In the beginning stages of a job on the 11th floor of a high rise downtown Chicago.

Small airplane hangar style doors.

Similar to this one I did a few years ago
1675006516402.jpeg

/ How much is that going to cost? #26  
^^^^
You just made me realize how the other half lives. Some people think they're getting ahead when the pallets come OUT of the house.

/ How much is that going to cost? #27  
That’s an office for a major soft drink manufacturer

/ How much is that going to cost? #28  
That’s an office for a major soft drink manufacturer
Wow, love the door on the conference room! Great way to have multiple uses for the same space, but it can't have been cheap.

All the best,

Peter

/ How much is that going to cost? #30  
Currently one of the bigger projects around here is a data center……a ten year project with a 9 billion dollar price tag…….

Our company (industrial doors) is a small part of it. Our total contract for the 2 phases that are complete and in process so far are north of a million dollars.

The GC built a 100x100 pole building on-site as temp offices with bathrooms/kitchen/etc to be demolished in about 2 years.

The amount of paperwork/emails/safety/certifications are mind boggling.

1200 tradesman are on-site daily.

All this for “data”……..
Safety meetings for 1200 tradesmen would have been a paper trail nighmare. Jon